Broken-hearted kitty...

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sterling is pretty undemonstrative, other than liking to cuddle with Dottie at night. But she just left to go bowling, and he's doing his usual "abandoned kitty act." He's crying at the door she went out like his heart is broken and he'll never be loved again.

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Sterling is pretty undemonstrative, other than liking to cuddle with Dottie at night. But she just left to go bowling, and he's doing his usual "abandoned kitty act." He's crying at the door she went out like his heart is broken and he'll never be loved again.
I think this might be a good opportunity for you and Sterling to bond. (I'm assuming Sterling is a cat, mind you). Talk to him. Cats LOVE conversation! Offer him a treat. Ask him how his day was....

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh....
It's OK Sterling...your meowmy will be back in a little while!!
Make your Daddy get the toys out and play!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, I went back there, scritched him, etc. When I walked away, he started up again, staring at that cruel closed door!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
don't cats have a special way of making you feel like you're just not good enough?

creativgirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

When I come home, no matter if I was gone for 15 minutes or all day, I get this really sad "meow" from Rocky like he's saying, "Mom! Where were you?" Oliver's just like, "Oh, cool, you're back. Now rub my belly."

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH says Jazz does that when I leave. He will yowl at the door then walk into the room that DH is in and yowl at him then run back to the door. My DH tries petting him, playing with him, giving him treats. It does not matter cause he wants me.
Poor Sterling.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

don't cats have a special way of making you feel like you're just not good enough?
This is SO true! We were given advice to make no big deal of of coming or going when we first had our first kitty, and we didn't. We just kind of shout out to the household that we're taking off, please be good kitties. And we don't make a fuss when we come back. If they're in the living room they just kind of look up to make sure it isn't some strange intruder ...Sometimes I think the only time they'd miss us is if their food dishes went empty. THEN they'd notice we weren't around!

Laurie

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I say proper goodbyes to everyone who is in evidence. And if Cindy doesn't happen to BE in evidence, and therefore does not GET her proper goodbye, I PAY when I get home. She does not have the time of day for me, if she did not get a proper goodbye, complete with explanation of what I expect to be doing and for how long. My favourite little tyrant.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
they are funny. milo will get his little airpipe when he sees me getting my coat on. he'll then sit at the bottom of the stairs with it, doing his most pathetic little cry as if to say 'don't go out, stay and throw my toy pleeeaasee!'