Need some prayers for my Grandma

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Grandma could really use some prayers. My Aunt called my Mom yesterday because they were taking her to the hospital by ambulance. Grandpa said Gram started kind of babbling and making no sense. He thought her sugar might be off so he gave her insulin but it didn't help. (Sometimes she gets like that because she insists on regulating her own meds and often drops pills or swears she took them...)

So he called my Aunt while he waited on the insulin and when she got there they decided to call the ambulance. She also started babbling talking when she had her strokes a few years ago.

Meanwhile my Aunt and Grandpa were both very upset so my Aunt had called my Uncle who lives 3 hours away and my Mom (we live 6-7 hrs away) and told them what was going on. Both went up last night.

The good news is that her CAT scan came back great so they said no stroke. They did find a UTI and they were still doing tests and looking into her abdominal area. She was a bit better, but not great when Mom called me around 11:30 last night to say she'd gotten there.

I haven't talked to Mom yet today to get an update. But she said yesterday she will put Gram on with me on her cell when she sees her. I'd just been on the phone with Gram Friday afternoon, but we had to hang up because she had a tickle in her throat making her cough so we didn't get to have our usual long conversation.
Today is Mom's birthday too. I called my Dad after I found out yesterday since he lives near my Grandparents; and he's notified my Aunt and cousin (who are both nurses in the area so they keep an eye and ear on things too. That always makes me feel better.

If you guys could please keep Gram in your prayers I'd appreciate it! She's just started working with a PT at home and having a nurse come in twice a week to help with her meds and things so this is such a setback! They had such positive hopes for helping her.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Grandma's are very special people.

You dear Gram will be in my prayers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks guys!

I got to talk to my Mom this afternoon and to Gram too. They think what happened is that some people who've had strokes have the symptoms lie dormant in their bodies and then they can become pronounced again when the person is ill. So they think the UTI is actually what's causing her to babble and be confused in her speech.

I did talk to her for a few minutes today. She sounded good but was having some trouble getting sentences together. She could relate to me that she knew she wasn't making sense. Which she told me after her strokes also. My Aunt said she's sounding better today. And actually later in the day my Mom called again to say she was looking better and more alert. She'd been napping frequently for short periods of time.

It was just so good to hear her voice!!!! And it was pretty good news too. They do expect her to overcome this.

Oh and on the funny side....my Mom told me that 51 years ago today, she was born in the same hospital she was visiting Gram at!
Actually I was born there too.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Three generations in that one hospital...
that is really cool.

I am glad that your Grandma is doing better.