*****KatKwiz! - March 16 - %%%%%?*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it has been a long time since we have had a math question, so get out your calculators.
We will continue on yesterday's theme.

What percentage of TCS members are:

Top Cats_____%
Super Cats_____%
Alpha Cats_____%
Adult Cats_____%
Under adult_____%

Notes: Use the TCS members total found in Members List. Round to nearest whole percentage point. And finally, the cats often give questions where the answer can change during the day. The cats always recalculate their answer from the exact minute you post your answer so never worry about this. OK, the cats feel they have mentioned this enough now and will not be mentioned again.

And don't forget, after the points are awarded, members get a second chance question directly related to the main question, worth 700 points. Also, a discussion question is given called KatKwery (cat query) which is directly related to the day's question and serves as a focal point for opinions from our players.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll take a wild guess at this:

Top Cats 1.4%
Super Cats 0.6%
Alpha Cats 1.2%
Adult Cats 2.8%
Under adult 94%

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yam102284

Top Cats 1.4%
Super Cats 0.6%
Alpha Cats 1.2%
Adult Cats 2.8%
Under adult 94%
Good guess! those are the same numbers I came up with...

meownstuff

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, not sure how close I am but I'll give it a shot.

top cat 2%

super cats 1%

alpha cat 1%

adult cat 3%

under adult 94%

I realize I add up to 101% but I rounded afew off them up to make a whole percentage.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yam102284

Top Cats 1.4%
Super Cats 0.6%
Alpha Cats 1.2%
Adult Cats 2.8%
Under adult 94%
You are indeed quite the wild person! Wild enough to be today's KatKwiz Whiz!
CONGRATULATIONS!

I never know the answer when I think of a question so I have to figure out the answer just like you. And I was surprised to the point of being shocked at these findings! I am glad that you carried it out to the tenth of a percent as it makes it more accurate. When I said nearest whole number, I had no idea the numbers would be this small!

Answer:
1. Click on Members List and find the total membership: 24,151.
2. Click on Search and then Advanced Search.
3. Start with Top Cat - Enter 1200 in the Post Count for the is Greater than or Equal to box and hit search. Receive an answer of 331.
4. Divide 331 by 24151 = 1.4%
5. Repeat these steps for the other classes of cats.

BTW, after getting your answer for the first four levels, you could have just subtracted this number from the total for the final problem. If however you used the Advanced Search there was a caveat: You needed to enter 0 and 100 as the Post Count. If you entered 1 and 100, you will get a most shocking answer!

KatKwery (cat query)

Are you surprised by these findings??
(Do you have an opinion?)

Bonus: Persi was wondering how many members do we have with 0 posts? (700 points)

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by meownstuff

I'll try again. Is it 6848?
I think you have got the hang of it!
700 points are on their way. Maybe tomorrow you can win the big one!

hurdyburdy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Are you surprised by these findings??
Good quiz -- Personally I'm not surprised.. I think that alot of people sign up to get an answer to whatever question they have at the time. I am a bit more surprised that there are close to 7000 members with no posts at all. I wonder why that is?

meownstuff

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I think you have got the hang of it!
700 points are on their way. Maybe tomorrow you can win the big one!
Yay!
I'll see ya guys tomorrow.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hurdyburdy

Good quiz -- Personally I'm not surprised.. I think that alot of people sign up to get an answer to whatever question they have at the time. I am a bit more surprised that there are close to 7000 members with no posts at all. I wonder why that is?
Apparantly to me, they do sign up but never venture a post. I wonder if a lot of those who signed up and then never posted are still here, watching?
If there is:

Persi & Alley will send two thousand points to EACH of those members with no posts who will now do so! Come on, break the bank!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by hurdyburdy

I'm guessing, but I think a lot of them sign up because they have a specific question, start reading threads because they want to get a "feel" for the forums before posting, and find the answer to their question(s) in one or more existing threads.

I did the same thing recently. I got a pocket PC/PDA/smart phone, and found a forum for people with the same model and provider in my country of residence. Once I'd joined, I figured I should do a search for answers to my questions, and found that they'd all been answered. Hence, I became one of those "nominal members".