Maybe Today's the Day???

zoethor2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ms Friskers woke me up this morning rather early wanting love and snuggles, and then, of course, after 2 minutes, was all done with that. So I wasn't thinking too much of it.

Until now! She's been curled up under my desk now for nearly 5 hours, sleeping, without moving except to shift around a bit, and without waking up for more than a second or two, when there's a noise, or if I go down to pet her for a bit. She definitely has been spending almost all her time sleeping, but up until now she'd sleep somewhere for an hour or two, then get up and move around for a bit, or sit up for awhile, or have a snack, or some water, or come want some love, or come over to the door every time I went in and out. And now she's just 100% settled in, snoozing hardcore.

Is she resting up for a big night? *fingers crossed*

I'm also pretty sure she hasn't touched any food since last night... come on darling! This would be perfect timing! (As I leave town tomorrow, leaving her in my roommate's tender loving care... eep.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zoethor2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I know, I'm a nervous nelly...

She ended up sleeping for about 6 hours.

Woke up, stretched, went and ate half a bowl of food, which is probably more than she's eaten in the past 24 hours combined. She's now lying on the floor, grooming herself all over, which wouldn't necessarily be notable, except that I've never seen her groom for more than a moment or two at a time before now. She's been going at it for about ten minutes now, including some vigorous tummy grooming.

kittens kittens kittens kittens...

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Does she have swollen milk glands? If so you could be very close.

zoethor2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lindsey88

Does she have swollen milk glands? If so you could be very close.
I know this will sound ridiculous, but I'm not totally sure how to tell...
What would it feel/look like?

theallis5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If you feel her belly on a regular basis, you will notice it. It bags, gets full of milk. My cat, Pennie, who is at LEAST 63 days along today, started bagging Thursday. I noticed it felt fuller (boobish, lol) in the back nipples. Then, today, it is in all of her nipples. Instead of feeling like a nipple on a flat belly, you can actually feel the bag of milk in there. So, I'm with you. Come on Pennie and Ms Friskers!! Tonight's good!

zoethor2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, I don't think I'd have any chance of being able to tell... she rarely ever lets me touch her tummy, especially not her underbelly. Sometimes I can get away with lying my hand on her side for a bit to feel the kittens, if she's really sleepy, or if I distract her with ear scratches. But that's about it. So I'll just be waiting and wondering for the rest of the evening... come on, sweetie! You know you're sick of being kicked internally!

zoethor2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today was not so much the day.

I'm repinning my hopes for like, next Monday. That way anything sooner will seem like a nice treat.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zoethor2

I'm repinning my hopes for like, next Monday. That way anything sooner will seem like a nice treat.
You know what? I thought the same thing. When Twix first came to us, I thought she had about 4 weeks left. But then her milk began to come in and I started thinking it would be any day now. That was over a week now and her glands just keep getting fuller. I'd say they're about to explode now - lol

They'll be here before we know... then next thing we know, we'll be trying to slam the brakes as they near their rehoming date :-(

But it's so darn fun while it lasts

madyoungcatlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zoethor2

Well I hope I can give you a bit more hope of it being sooner, as I was checking my Roxy's boobies every day trying to see for 'bagging' or milk coming out, and didn't notice at all. She also had no [visible] discharge. The only thing I noticed really was her being super clingy, and howling if I left her alone. Then going to bed but fidgeting non stop. Then a kitten popped out.

So birth can creep up on the most tentative owner! There isn't always obvious breast enlargement or copious discharge or whatever else the internet tells you!

So I hope it's soon, for your sanity's sake!

zoethor2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well -- now she's in my roommate's (somewhat) capable hands until Saturday afternoon... she's on strict orders to call me the MOMENT anything seems to be going on. So far, no call. Oh, Ms Friskers...