Should I call her Crazy?... or just go along with it..?

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So... about 11pm last night my mom comes into my room and says "Were driving to NH tomorrow, im sick of sitting here while I see Danny's gonna Die... so were going to try an stop it" then walks away... o..k... so I sat for a Minute thinking about the situation then went to her room and I was like "How is this gonna work?" and she was like "hows what gonna work?" and I was like "This... all of it.. we have 3 cats, a bird, 2 rats and a dog... who's gonna take care of them?" and she said either my Cousins gonna stay here while were gone or the neighbor will feed them everyday plus were bringing the Dog and the Bird with us.

So heres the deal... my moms a Psychic/Tarot Card Reader... and she is a professional at what she does... and for the past 2 months every reading she has given within the Family.. she has seen a death. She has also called several other readers and they to have seen the death. They also narrowed it down to someone in our family around the age of 20-27yrs old. well my three brothers are 20 & 21 & 25 and my sisters 26 and my BIL is 27 ((sisters BF/Fiance))... although.. my mom read that my older sister will be heart broken, my 25yr old brother will get the call at his Work and will be very upset and 21yr old brother in Korea will come back to the U.S. and my 20yr old brother will be very upset.. and ill be very upset... but nothing on Danny, my BIL, so my moms convinced that hes gonna die in the next week or 2... so either Tonight or tomorrow night were gonna make the 11 Hour trip from PA to NH ((where everyones located)).

My point of posting this is... idk whether to go along with it.. or just think my moms crazy. Now, of course to some extent she does sound crazy.. but then again shes a professional at what she does.. so I still believe her in some ways.
What do you guys think??

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok, first note i am in no way being judgemental about this, but if you believe in your mom's (talent, gift, job???) then why wouldnt you believe her now? Secondly if its truely in the cards (not trying to make a funny but said it before i thought) that someone is going to die then you cant beat death, its the only certainty that we all face. You might sit down and ask her how she is prepaired to stop death. You cant be there every second. Another thought is what if the age they are seeing is wrong, what if she is seeing her own death and projecting it onto someone else? This trip might not be the best idea. I just dont see how this trip is going to prevent anything, but if she feels it neccessary i would stand by her. Also remember that if it was you, you would want her to be there to try to help or at least be with you.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since everyone is involved do you think that it could be your own mother dying? Maybe she might crash in car ride while going over there?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Were I in your place I would say "leave me some money and have a nice trip"
But I think your age could be a problem if you didn't have an adult there - depending on if anyone would complain.

Personally, I don't like doing anything spur of the moment. It's not well thought out so something could go wrong. I won't argue with her possible feelings on the matter, some people know. Just dragging you along and having so many pets makes it a bit too unplanned/sudden to work out well.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Were I in your place I would say "leave me some money and have a nice trip"
But I think your age could be a problem if you didn't have an adult there - depending on if anyone would complain.
Actually, at 16 I was babysitting for weekends while kids parents went out of town, so I don't think being alone should be a problem - right? - if you don't want to go?

The way I see it is this:

1) If your mom is right, and you don't go visit your brother, will you regret it?

If the answer is yes, then the next question is: Will your cousin take good care of the animals?

Then I'd go ahead and go.

If you think this is just based on fear or mis-interpretation, and IF something were to happen to your brother and you would regret is death (obviously) but you wouldn't regret seeing him under these weird and strange circumstances that may end up becoming very maudlin, then I'd do what I could to stay home and let your mother go. Or try to talk her out of going.

A very close friend of mine in high school had a mom that was truly psychic. She didn't read tarot, but she often knew what was going to happen with lots of people. When she saw someone's death, she wouldn't try to do anything about it, because if she tried to stop it, it would just happen some other way.

that this is just a mis-reading.

Laurie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You know.. I said the same thing to her.. what if its her that dies. Well my whole life was unplanned moves so this isn't anything new.. except that were not moving, its just a "Holiday" trip.
The death does involve a Car though.. I forgot to mention that. Originally my mom thought my 24yr old brother was gonna get in a car accident but thats changed in the cards.
I cant say I don't believe her.. but I cant say I completely do... its complicated. Although if this does come out... im gonna be shocked.
I have no clue how she expects to Stop It.
I actually thought about seeing if I could stay behind... But the closest Store is 4Miles.. lol.... Plus I only get to see Family ((Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and Brother)) once every 10yrs so I gotta take every chance I can get to Visit them.

EDIT:
Oh and if something does happen to my BIL my moms gotta be there to take my Sisters Baby (my Niece) before the State does. A couple yrs ago when my sister was with her Ex.. her Ex got into a really bad car accident and the Ex's Parents took my sisters Son and then the State took him from them... she still hasnt gotten her son back. So if something were toy happen to Danny the State would take the Baby ((idk exactly why)) so my moms gotta be there to get her out of the State.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't believe in psychics, and I would tell her that she's crazy...but that's me. However, I sure wouldn't let her drag me along with her. Tell her that you'll stay with a friend while she's gone, and that you'll look after the pets.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Outweigh the number of times she's been right versus wrong. If one highly outweighs the other, go with that option.

I'm thinking of Professor Trelawny from Harry Potter in this case...she always saw the Death in her fortunes.

Anyhoo, as I got older I realized that the death card could also signify renewal. I.e. someone graduating from college and getting married. They "die" as a student, but are reborn as a "husband". That's how much faith I put into fortunes...

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Actually I wouldnt have anyone to stay with if I were to stay behind.. I have no friends around here and I wouldnt be able to stay with my Cuzin.

Ok.. so my mom slept ALL day.. which isnt normal for her. Anyway, were not going on the trip.. 1: because my mom also had the thought "what if its her that gets in the accident" and 2: because Gas prices are way to high and we dont have the money to make the trip.

Although that doesnt change what my mom thinks.. she got a hold of my sister today and talk to her about it and talk to Danny about it and convince him into believing her ((he didnt believe her before but he does now)).

Idk.. we'll se what happens in the next week or 2.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For what it's worth: I've both had and witnessed a lot of psychic incidents, some of them overwhelmingly convincing, and I think it's vital to keep an open mind. I wouldn't call anyone crazy for this -- epecially someone with demonstrated psychic ability.

Maybe it's hard to imagine how the tragedy she predicts could be prevented, but that's no reason to assume it can't be done. We're talking about things in a realm of mystery, things we humans do not yet understand. Why should it be any stranger to think some kind of action could keep this from happening than to think your mother can predict it in the first place? There are countless instances of people choosing not to get on a plane or taking a different route home from work, and later learning they would have been doomed in some way if they hadn't felt compelled to change their plans. "Fate" is not necessarily written in stone.

And maybe the purpose of the trip would not be to prevent the accident, but simply to visit with the loved one before he is lost.

If you cannot go on the trip, then I would talk to your brother and get him to take some vacation time, or sleep at the office, or even quit his job if he has to, but to stay away from vehicles for the next few weeks. That may sound extreme, but I've seen too many amazing things to dismiss your mother's premonition. I believe my parents might have died over a decade ago if I hadn't followed through on a feeling of my own that was, actually, far less intense and specific than your mother's.

Here's the thing: if your mother is right, either something will intervene to change what she's seeing... or, heaven forbid, you may be burying your brother soon. I think you should (a) try to prevent this accident in some way, and (b) visit with your brother, at least by phone, and make sure everything between you is right... just in case. Even if he laughs at you, you will have the peace of mind that comes with knowing you kept an open mind and didn't place place pride ahead of concern for a loved one.

Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine,
it is stranger than we can imagine.

Sir Arthur Eddington
English astronomer (1882 - 1944)

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From the people who will be hurt it does sound like it may be your mum, though the age doesn't fit.

Hope everything works out for you, this kind of stuff is all through my family so I wouldn't be calling her crazy just yet

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Here's the thing: if your mother is right, either something will intervene to change what she's seeing... or, heaven forbid, you may be burying your brother soon. I think you should (a) try to prevent this accident in some way, and (b) visit with your brother, at least by phone, and make sure everything between you is right... just in case. Even if he laughs at you, you will have the peace of mind that comes with knowing you kept an open mind and didn't place place pride ahead of concern for a loved one.
My viewpoint on death is that you can't prevent it..only deter or change how your life ends. If you tell him to stay put in the house and not go anywhere for the next two weeks because your mom has seen his death in a car, then perhaps a burgler breaks in, gets scared and shoots him to the point of death.

Thats good that your mom has talked to your sister. that nothing serious really does happen though.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you're not going...I agree with BlondRebel that it was a possibility that the car incident could involve you two.

There was a very strange incident that happened in my area several years ago. A family was killed in a very freak accident on the highway after a beam was improperly installed on an overpass. The family had moved here from New York City after the father happened to not go to work on the day of 9/11, and escaped certain death.

It made me think that whatever is meant to happen, happens - just maybe in a different way.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with not going. If there really is something to you Mom's predictions - and I don't disagree the she may have the psychic gift, what is going to happen is going to happen. We really can't avoid the inevitability of the future.

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So.. one of the other Psychics my mom contacted say that Danny will run into 3 Angels ((not knowing there angels of course)) and the Angels will try to stall them in hopes that he'll be late for the moment of the accident.. [I think that made since].
Also before my mom told Danny about her prediction... he told her that he feels like hes being watched all of a sudden... its weird. The funny thing is... Danny drives.. but he isnt suppose to cuz he doesnt have a license.

Updates on the reading:
My sister is gonna be broken hearted.. and shes gonna be in the accident and get hurt very badly but she'll survive.
The people in the other Car are gonna be very badly hurt and everyone involved will end up in the Hospital. Death still around Danny, and everyone will have to be Bay Flighted to the Hospital.
And my sisters Baby isnt in the accident.. she wont be part of the accident cuz she wont be there ((she'll most likely be with Danny's sister cuz thats were she usually is when shes not at home)).