Now that we've established the "cat on paper" thing...

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How about this scenario.

You SO has finally arranged the romantic Caribbean cruise they promised you years ago. The day has finally arrived. It's time to get ready to go.

So, you pull the suitcases out of the spare closet, put them on the bed, open them up, and go in the closet to get some clothes to pack. What do you find when you come back out?

isabel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
AAnd then when you remove the cat from your suitcase, they get all pouty. Later, when you arrive at your destination, you unpack your stuff and at the very bottom of your suitcase you find a cat toy (that really happened to me).

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

Cats in your suitcases of course!
If there were a single question in history that could be answered OF COURSE, this is it! I have never experienced or never heard of a cat that could resist an open suitcase for more than a picosecond.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Now, I wonder WHY? It's not like a suitcase looks like anything else a cat has any use for. And if you put a box the same size on the bed, the cat will likely ignore it.

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Now, I wonder WHY? It's not like a suitcase looks like anything else a cat has any use for. And if you put a box the same size on the bed, the cat will likely ignore it.
Not mine.
Mine go nuts over boxes too...any box they have to try to fit into (even a case of pop).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine like boxes just fine, but if I put one on the bed, it will NOT attract the cats like a suitcase would.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a different answer. A suitcase that has been clawed, the clothes cords ripped to shreds and if they really understand what you are about to do, a little pee in the bottom for good measure.

My pride falls into 2 camps. The ones that love the suitcase as just another box, and the others that hate the suitcase, as they know that I'll be leaving them soon.

momto3cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Any kind of box will attract my cats. They love to climb in and sniff every inch, jump out and pounce on each other, or use it as a bed. If it isn't big enough to curl up in, they will sit bolt upright just to be in the box.