*****KatKwiz! - March 15 - Cats?*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our newest (most recent) Top Cat is _____________, and our newest Super Cat is _________, and our newest Alpha Cat is _______________, and our newest Adult Cat is ________________.

As usual, Persi & Alley are very alert and realize this information can change throughout the day but they will be right on top of things. Pun intended.

hurdyburdy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Our newest (most recent) Top Cat is tulip2454 and our newest Super Cat is libby74 and our newest Alpha Cat is Breal76 and our newest Adult Cat is the godess bast.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hurdyburdy

Our newest (most recent) Top Cat is tulip2454 and our newest Super Cat is libby74 and our newest Alpha Cat is Breal76 and our newest Adult Cat is the godess bast.
And that exactly matches what I have at this very second in time.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Further proof that you should NOT look at KatKwiz, see that there is already an answer, and not answer because of that.

My solution:
1. Determine at what post level each of the four classes of cats obtain that level. You can find that information here: http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46669

2. You should now have four different numbers; 100, 300, 700 and 1200 to work with.

3. Click on Member's List, then on Search Members, then on Advanced Search.

4. Here you are presented with the Advanced Search options screen. Let us just use Adult Cat as an example. You become an Adult Cat when you post your 100th post.

5. Since everything is dependent upon posts, go to the Post Count area. I put 95 in the Greater Than or Equal box and 105 in the is Less than box just to get a range of those near the 100 mark on either side.

6. Nothing else needs filled in so click Search Now.

7. You are presented a list of members within the post range specified. I then click on Posts which sorts the members according to number of posts and look around the number 100 to see who hit that number most recently.

8. As I mentioned, things change throughout the day, but the godess bast is now showing as having 102 posts whereas when the question was asked this was 100. If there is any doubt in your mind as to who broke 100 first you can click on the user name and then click on find all posts by.

9. Repeat these steps for the other three classes of cats.

KatKwery

What do you think about having various classes of cats? Do you have an opinion?

And now for the quick and easy, directly related to the question, totally informal, 700 points to the first person that answers, bonus question:

How come none of these cat classes show up in my user title?

The cats will judge if your answer includes all of the information necessary to answer the question. This is a new feature of KatKwiz and gives our members a second chance as it were, but at a much reduced payout. It is so informal that there is no time limit and the question could be answered a week from now.

hurdyburdy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I think that they are good.. I think it encourages you to post more and keeps the board active. I was happy that I got to the Super Cat level recently. I could upload my own avatar.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

KatKwery

And now for the quick and easy, directly related to the question, totally informal, 700 points to the first person that answers, bonus question:

The cats will judge if your answer includes all of the information necessary to answer the question. This is a new feature of KatKwiz and gives our members a second chance as it were, but at a much reduced payout. It is so informal that there is no time limit and the question could be answered a week from now.
I guess I will get the answer next week.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

You are entitled to a custom user title.

Go to New Cats on the Block, and check the sticky: All about TCS Usergroups, where you'll find the following information:
To get full Top Cat status you must have 1200 posts and 150 days in membership
Then you get:

* 50 stored PMs
* 119 total avatars to choose from
* Ability to upload custom avatar
* 120 Kb in uploaded attachments
* Ability to create custom usertitle
* Posting access to IMO, if over 18.
As a paying member, you wouldn't have needed to become a Top Cat before being entitled to a custom title:
Paying members have access to some of these perks without the minimum posting and days in membership requirements. They also have the ability to turn off the ads on the forums.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

You are entitled to a custom user title.

Go to New Cats on the Block, and check the sticky: All about TCS Usergroups, where you'll find the following information:

As a paying member, you wouldn't have needed to become a Top Cat before being entitled to a custom title:
Geeeeeee, I just wanted an informal answer!
Well, that about covers it. Your 700 points have been sent.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hurdyburdy

I think that they are good.. I think it encourages you to post more and keeps the board active. I was happy that I got to the Super Cat level recently. I could upload my own avatar.
Me, too. But now that I am far beyond the 1200 mark, it would be nice if there was a higher goal, a higher class of cat, for instance, a Supreme Cat title once you got to 5,000 posts or so. I think that might even cause me to post more!