It's been one year.

niktemadur

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One year ago, Chimay left us, of feline leukemia.
Chimay is my avatar.

It's strange. For months, I've been lighting my candles in a certain order, so as not to offend Chimay. So as to not offend the effortless peace we shared communion with each other, not two feet apart, day after day, year after year, from this very spot in which I'm writing.

Who can possibly save me from my irrational despair?

Her daughter! Chimay had one litter, right in my bed while I slept, one night more than ten years ago. Of her five kitties, I kept them all, but only two remain - Chilmoles and Bebita. Chimay, my wife and I also adopted another kittie, YeyÃ[emoji]169[/emoji].

Every night this winter, I've glanced over my shoulder and seen Bebita in her mother's old spot. Lately, as a sad anniversary approached and has finally arrived, I've been playing to Bebita, over and over, the most beautiful lamentation song I've heard so far. The band is called Low, the song is "Sunflower", the album is "Things We Lost In The Fire", from 2001.

When they found your body
giant Xes on your eyes
with your half of the ransom

I bought some sweet
sweet, sweet, sweet sunflowers
and gave them to the night

Underneath The Star Of David
a Hundred Years behind my eyes
and with my half of the ransom

I bought some sweet
sweet, sweet, sweet sunflowers
and gave them to the night

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You're lucky to have her daughter to remember her by. I too still have a piece of my Timotei left in his twin brother Tilli.

dina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry about your loss. It is def nice to have a family member!!!! RIP Chimay!