Would we know you have cats without seeing them?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you open my front door you immediately see a cat tree, a coconut tree, an ostrich 'tree', a 4.5ft scratch pole, a tunnel, 2 cat beds, Cat-It fountain and various toys scattered around.

And that's just one room
My cats greet people at the door, but even if they didn't there's no mistake that cats live here.

What's your place like when walking in the door?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
my little house has 4 main rooms, a laundry room & a bathroom.
3 of the 4 rooms have a cat tree, the room that doesn't has a window cat seat...
plus 3 of the 4 rooms has cat-themed wallpaper border, & the kitchen has loads of cat-related accessories.
i think they'd know...

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The torn upholstery of most of the furniture, the chairs with scratch marks on their legs and the tufts of cat fur flying about.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our cat tree is in the front window right by the front door.
If that's not an immediate giveaway, the cat toys all over the lounge room would be - not to mention the litter trays, which are near the front door, but probably not immediately noticeable.

And the nearest couch to the door has a blanket on it covered in cat hair (for the purpose of catching the hair, and keeping it off the couch).

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes. The boys have their own corner in the living room, so they can be up high when guests come over.

Also, at work I've pulled out kitty toys out of my bag.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since I have cat trees in nearly every window of my home, people usually know I have cats before they even open the door.

We had a new cat sitter (from our vets) come out last month when we went out of town for the weekend. I hadn't met her before (our usual sitter just had a baby and this woman volunteered to do it for her) and when I did, her comment to me: you've got the coolest house for cats! I love all your cat trees and really liked your cat room (must have meant the sun room where I have 4 cat condos). Oh yeah, you see the "cat room" when you walk thru the front door.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
There are toys scattered all over the place. Several scratching posts.

What is really interesting is people at work would know I have cats because my work chair is covered in cat hair that I've brought from home.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you walk through the front door, you see cat toys scattered on the floor, and if you peek behind one of the livingroom chairs you will see Snowball's cat bed tucked away in a nice quite corner.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My place looks like a kitty daycare for spoiled rotten kitties that have a ton of fun.

audiocat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

My place looks like a kitty daycare for spoiled rotten kitties that have a ton of fun.

The other day someone came by our house and said "I didn't know you have children". We don't, but there are so many little toys all over the floor you would never know. Forrest likes to carry around and play fetch with small stuffed animals. It really does look like we have human kids.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Sister told me the other day that our cats have more furniture than we do and more toys than our human kids.

That's okay, the furbabies are spoiled and that's just the way I think it should be

onyxx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yup! scratching boards in every room - an attempt to save my furniture (not working
) a couple of cat tree/seat type things in the kitchen round the table (their chairs!) countless fluffy ball things that they love to bat about and carry round (so cute!) and a few mangled orchids that have been chewed to bits
(luckily my Nepenthes are out of reach
)

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
nope, not at all. all their toys are stuck under something and we dont have any cat trees/condos yet. (we never had room for them before)

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah...because when you walk in the door you see their scratching post, and you can see their water fountain. Plus there is their basket of toys, and the litter box in the corner. It's hard to hide the fact that I have them when the place I live is so small. You can't SMELL them though, which I am pretty obsessed about.

I don't like that it looks like I have cats, but there stuff slowly took over. It's really not too bad, and once I'm in a house it will be less obvious.

audiocat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sakura

Yeah...because when you walk in the door you see their scratching post, and you can see their water fountain. Plus there is their basket of toys, and the litter box in the corner. It's hard to hide the fact that I have them when the place I live is so small. You can't SMELL them though, which I am pretty obsessed about.
I'd much rather have my house cluttered with toys and cat items than ever have someone come into my house...sniff the air and say "oh, you must have cats!" That to me would be the worst.

I too am very obsessed with keeping the litter boxes clean.