Fatburger - what's the draw?

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For those of you who live in California, have you eaten Fatburgers? What is the draw?

One just opened up here in the Detroit area - right down the way from the petstore where our kitties are. I went in to get a burger and had to wait a half-hour for it. It was good but not worth that kind of fuss. Kind of overcooked. And the place- I guess because of the novelty - is jammed all the time.

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
never had it and not interested in trying, though we have one about a couple miles away.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are here in WA state now too. Love 'em. Why? Good tasting beef, and if I'm mis-behaving big time, one of their real ice cream milkshakes...oh yummy!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ew. Sorry any place that has "Fat" and "Burger" in the name of the place doesn't sound appetizing. Same concept for me applies to "Sliders" formed food should just not be called that...

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Ew. Sorry any place that has "Fat" and "Burger" in the name of the place doesn't sound appetizing. Same concept for me applies to "Sliders" formed food should just not be called that...
LOL! I agree! In Massachusetts, we used to have our groceries delivered by a place called "Home Runs" and the logo was a guy running (to get to the bathroom, we thought).

http://www.tdwi.org/research/display.aspx?ID=5291

Fatburger doesn't sound appetizing!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to giggle here...I don't care what something is called..if it's made well, tastes good...that's good enough for me

Besides...who knew that kohlrabi could taste so good...or welsh rarebit, or scungilli....a name is a name, not a taste.

Guess I better hide now before I get wacked with a carrot...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess they're called "Fat" because they're big... not fatty. I thought it was pretty good for a fast food-type burger... but not worth the long wait.

There's a bar in Dearborn, Michigan, called Miller's, and the burgers there are superior, IMO. So I would rather go there and support a local establishment.

Oh well....

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One opened up here about 2 years ago. We tried it and didn't love it. I didn't see anything special about it. We don't drink milkshakes. Probably won't go there again.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

I have to giggle here...I don't care what something is called..if it's made well, tastes good...that's good enough for me

Besides...who knew that kohlrabi could taste so good...or welsh rarebit, or scungilli....a name is a name, not a taste.

Guess I better hide now before I get wacked with a carrot...
I agree! Mmmmm I love Kohlrabi!! I didn't realize other people ate it

A burger is a burger and to me burgers are gooooood

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hiya,

I've had FatBurger, but I think it's just OK. Slightly better than the average burger (fresher-tasting), but not exceptionally better. (A bit too salty, IMO, and too much $ for a fast food burger.)I do like the fat fries- the shape and texture. They have a higher volume to surface area ratio, so they stay warmer longer

But nothing beats an In-N-Out burger!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

There's one near me, but I don't eat ground beef. However, the milkshakes are very tempting.
oh? this is the first time, i have even come accross the name

i may have to look up there address and try that(oh wait, i am on a diet
) ok i can wait a couple of months

mom of 4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And I was just to add that I've never had a Fat Burger, but I was very disappointed in In-and-Out Burger after all the hype I'd heard.

Johnnies Charcoal Broiler and Scotty P's are the only chains whose burgers I really like - they only have a few places each, so most of you are out-of-luck in trying them.