*****KatKwiz! - March 14 - Dots?*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I look at my user name and user title, I see a red & blue dot to the right, that matches in color with the red & blue user name and user title! Looking at all the dots by other members names, there are no other dots that are red & blue!

I was able to achieve this by _____(one or more steps)_____.

mulenag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good morning!
Where is everyone?
Well...I'm going to give this a try since everyone else must still be sleeping!

Click User CP
Click Edit Options
Check the box that says Use Invisible Mode
Last step is the most important...
Be sure to scroll down and click Save Changes for it to take effect!

How'd I do?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MuleNag

Good morning!
Where is everyone?
Well...I'm going to give this a try since everyone else must still be sleeping!

Click User CP
Click Edit Options
Check the box that says Use Invisible Mode
Last step is the most important...
Be sure to scroll down and click Save Changes for it to take effect!

How'd I do?
How did you do? You did fabulous! I assume you tried it to see if you got a blue & red dot by your name? Wow, this one was one of my hardest!
Congratulations!

Yes folks, I am invisible. My dot always appears as blue/grey to everybody except myself, indicating I am not on line. Other members have green dots by their name, indicating that they are on line. There well may be other invisible members but us mortals would never know. Moderators do know however and can see the red & blue dot.

KatKwery

Why would a person want to be invisible?

KatKwery (Cat query) is a new feature that poses questions directly related to the daily KatKwiz question. It is intended to stimulate thoughts and opinions amongst our members. It is also intended as a forum question, to be answered by those of you that have opinions or thoughts on the question.

In addition, when the cats feel like it, there will be an additional 700 point question that relates directly to the question of the day. Unlike the question of the day, this is an informal question that can be answered without time constraints or format constraints. Just give an informal answer to what you think and the cats will judge if it is OK and send the points to you. Here is todays:

I am invisible. Can you think of the reason that I decided it might be an advantage to be invisible?

mulenag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Holy Cow! I'm on a roll!

I can tell I spend too much time in a day on various forums!

Thank you!!

mulenag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I assume you tried it to see if you got a blue & red dot by your name?
Oh, to answer your question...
Yup! I tried it several times just to be sure I was doing what you wanted!

I'm "invisible" on other forums and my reasoning is 'cuz I spend way too much time there and I don't want the other members to see exactly how much I am there!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MuleNag

Oh, to answer your question...
Yup! I tried it several times just to be sure I was doing what you wanted!

I'm "invisible" on other forums and my reasoning is 'cuz I spend way too much time there and I don't want the other members to see exactly how much I am there!
Since invisible people's dots just show them off line, it is hard to imagine how many invisible people there may be amongst us.
Moderators know. Anyway, three posts up, there remains a 700 point question that nobody has attempted.

sammiesmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'll take a stab at why you might want to be invisible here.

Since you post the daily KatKwiz, you might not want other members to see when you are here and where you are since it might give them clues to where you were 'playing' to create today's Kwiz and also, the fact that you are online/visible would keep us waiting to pounce as soon as you posted the Daily Kwiz.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SammiesMom

I'll take a stab at why you might want to be invisible here.

Since you post the daily KatKwiz, you might not want other members to see when you are here and where you are since it might give them clues to where you were 'playing' to create today's Kwiz and also, the fact that you are online/visible would keep us waiting to pounce as soon as you posted the Daily Kwiz.
That is exactly what my thinking was! You read me like a book! 700 points to you.

Anybody else have any ideas why people might want to be invisible? (no points, just interesting observations...

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Anybody else have any ideas why people might want to be invisible? (no points, just interesting observations...
I've been making sure I'm invisible the past week or so, as I'm hiding shamrocks and pots of gold for the TCS Shamrock Hunt http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=159748

and don't want participants to be able to track my movements and find the "booty" too easily.

A family member, a colleague, and several students also visit TCS regularly, and I find if I'm visible, I sometimes get "interrupted" by emails or PMs while I'm trying to check or reply to posts. If I'm invisible, they don't necessarily expect an immediate reply.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I've been making sure I'm invisible the past week or so, as I'm hiding shamrocks and pots of gold for the TCS Shamrock Hunt http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=159748

and don't want participants to be able to track my movements and find the "booty" too easily.

A family member, a colleague, and several students also visit TCS regularly, and I find if I'm visible, I sometimes get "interrupted" by emails or PMs while I'm trying to check or reply to posts. If I'm invisible, they don't necessarily expect an immediate reply.
So, I'm not the only one! Great answer and great information!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SammiesMom

Yep, those who have 'work' to do here must remain stealthy and invisible.
Great smiley! You've got to keep those evil trolls and spammers guessing!

sammiesmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
LOL! Don't you love it? I mod another board and copied it for here. Seemed appropriate, given where the convo was going.

Feel free to add to our collection here if you wish.