My hands are peeling

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For the last couple days I was cleaning all the dust and grease off of everything at the new restuarant my boss is opening.
I wore rubber gloves but after awhile, they started sweating so I took them off.
Last night my hands were burning and this morning they're peeling. I was using Greased Lightening and Orange Clean so I know it's kinda like a chemical burn

I've used lotion all day and it's not helping.

It's not painful just annoying because I can't stand dry hands

Any suggestions?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Udder Cream. Its the best stuff for dry/cracked/damaged hands!

www.uddercream.com
Originally Posted by hammyandwaf

udder cream or bag balm works well too
I actually have been using the Udder Cream
I use that and Palmer's Cocoa Butter

Wonder if I can get workmans comp
Kidding....

I am going to try the bag balm. My dad taught me to always keep some in the house

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was working, I'd use a little vinegar to rinse my hands and neutralize the chemicals, and then apply bag balm, udder creme, or corn huskers lotion. You can put a little bit of vaseline on your hands before you go to bed, and cover each hand with a sock and wake up the next morning with new skin!!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by taterbug

When I was working, I'd use a little vinegar to rinse my hands and neutralize the chemicals, and then apply bag balm, udder creme, or corn huskers lotion. You can put a little bit of vaseline on your hands before you go to bed, and cover each hand with a sock and wake up the next morning with new skin!!
You can tell you're from the south! I'm from Ky and NO house is complete w/o bag balm and corn huskers lotion!
I'm going over to my parents tomorrow and I will make sure I get the corn huskers

sammiesmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Bag Balm will definitely help. It is petroleum based and will help like you won't believe. You might want to put on some cotton gloves to sleep in if you have some.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SammiesMom

Bag Balm will definitely help. It is petroleum based and will help like you won't believe. You might want to put on some cotton gloves to sleep in if you have some.
I don't have any cotton gloves but have plenty of socks

PS your PM box is full

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
the gloves are a good idea tool,. my dad use to use corn huskers lotions all the time and mom would put it on my feet. both dads hands an my heels would crack but i dont like the smell of it tho. but it does work well.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have used Udder Butter (cream?) in the past and it is great. I don't care if my hands sweat with the gloves because it will just be one more part of my body that is sweating.
I always use a natural lotion that I can put on my body as well as my hands. If you swim, you need to moisturize. I always wear cotton gloves when I go to sleep. Butzie will let me know if she wants to be petted with gloves or not.

What is corn huskers lotion? I am getting this vision of a well-muscled guy with his shirt off in a cornfield in late summer.....

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

I have used Udder Butter (cream?) in the past and it is great. I don't care if my hands sweat with the gloves because it will just be one more part of my body that is sweating.
I always use a natural lotion that I can put on my body as well as my hands. If you swim, you need to moisturize. I always wear cotton gloves when I go to sleep. Butzie will let me know if she wants to be petted with gloves or not.

What is corn huskers lotion? I am getting this vision of a well-muscled guy with his shirt off in a cornfield in late summer.....
http://www.epinions.com/content_177750380164 Here ya go

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hubby's hands get dry and he gets cracking. He uses the Bag Balm and wears cotton gloves to bed because otherwise it's painful to play the bass with sore hands.