I Got A New Job!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Of course, we do, Sooz. Stop teasing!
Do I detect a note of -- um --jubilation?
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

I'm waiting....c'mon, spill the beans
!
Oh yes Frannie.......jublilation is a good word!!!

Well, as some of you might now, I was layed off from a job I loved last April. I took a job at an elevator company, and quit after two weeks. It was terrible!! Well, I then found a job at an inspection company and have worked there for the past 8 months. It's been awful too. When I started, no one would talk to me, no one wanted to show me how to do anything, etc. Lots of backstabbing going on......I've looked and looked and finally found I hope is the job for me!!

It's in a company that is 3.4 miles away!! Closer! The pay is $2.33 more an hour than what I was making!! I will do clerical work for them. You get a paid weeks vacation right off the bat!! 8-5, M - F. The woman is about my age that is the office manager, but you know what the best part is??!! SHE IS A CAT LOVER!! I had two interviews and for alot of it we talked about our furbabies!!!
She offered me the job tonight and I start April 7! I will give my two weeks tomorrow and then have a week off before starting at the new place! I"m so happy I could just spit!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds good-will you be able to be on TCS during work now????

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats great! I hope this is your DREAM job!

Its about time you get out of your crappy job!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, that DOES sound promising! Close to home, better pay, decent hours -- and a cat lover, to boot! Here's hoping it's all you hoped for, Sooz.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that sounds awesome for you! It's so nice to hear fellow TCS members get the perfect job! Hehe, has your new office manager heard of TCS?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds good-will you be able to be on TCS during work now????
Well, she did mention that they monitor what a person does on their computer, etc. They can tell about internet usage, so I will not be going on TCS while at work, but she said, off the record, if I want to check my email, go ahead, but as long as my work is done and I'm not on it all day, that is fine. I'll still have to do my TCS'ing at home. I will definitely tell her about this site though!

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Congrats. That is awesome everyone gets their one chance we just dont know when it will be or deny it when it happens and it goes away unknown,.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yay, Suze!

I'm not here much but I do lurk and had to check out this thread! I am sooo happy for you!

By the way, I was around-I think(there are too many Hts. around here!-) your area the other day for a meeting in Mayfield Heights and it was a loooong drive! And I'm going out to Independence tomorrow for another meeting. Another long drive!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! Congratulations!

Do you need your current job as a job reference in the near future? If not I'd say hand them in your resignations, pack up and leave!