What music do you listen to when your in a mood

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This week my mood is a little on the sad side, & is flipping to angry easily. I'm going to give it a couple weeks & if it's not better I'll have to call the doctor. This got me thinking, when I'm in a mood there's usually music I like to go with it. For example this week, I'm really into Mellisa Ethridge. There is just something about her older music that speaks to my combination of sad & angry. So what's you "mood music"?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since it's so easy to get stuff stuck in my head - all I have to do is see or read a phrase that reminds me of a song, what I listen to usually isn't controlled by mood. However when I'm in a bad mood/angry it's fun to listen to death and black metal, the more aggressive the lyrics the more fun.
The 70s and 80s hard rock is more fitting for nice warm weather as it always makes me think of summer.

The only sort of sad or depressing music I can think of that I listen to is Katatonia, Opeth, and a few others that aren't coming to mind at the moment... though they're not that bad, and are quite good at proving relaxing instead.

Originally Posted by Rang_27

This week my mood is a little on the sad side, & is flipping to angry easily. I'm going to give it a couple weeks & if it's not better I'll have to call the doctor.
I hope you get to feeling better.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depends...
Evanessance if i'm kind of pissed off and need an outlet
Fergie or somthing like that just to sing along and unwind
The Who if I need somthing strong and upbeat

I could go on and on....

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I'm down and out, it's Percy Sledge. If I'm angry, upset, or just feeling hyper...it's headbanger rock, all the way!!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How about Pink Floyd? I mean, "Waiting for the Worms" is about as low as you can go, right?

By the way, let me recommend the web comic "As If." It's not updating any more, but you can download the whole archive in zip form and read through it. If you don't love Hunter, you'll never love any independent, intelligent, lonely teenaged girl.

http://www.mimisgrotto.com/asif/index.html

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well as a general rule I listen to ICP all the time. Mood or no mood because of the fact that they do have more than one style of song to listen too. They sing with their moods also so the mixture of music has a favorite song for every mood. But on occasion when i am in a mood for something different, i mellow down to alot of 60's and 70's rock. I use to love 80's rock for i grew up thru the late 70' and 80's. I like a little of everything EXCEPT country i hate country music some of the most depressing music there is. I even listen to classical music and opera at times also.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most of the time it's R&B no matter what mood I am in..However I have been doing the nostalgia thing lately for some reason and I have been listening to a lot of my old albums(yes vinyl). Lots of Queen, Kiss, Whitesnake, and such...Guess I am reliving my childhood..

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
all depend's on the type of mood am in LOL! if me & my partner argue, then i listen to "soppy" music! i tend to want to blast my music, when am in a mood hehe!