Kidney stone shockwave yesterday

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
was a nightmare!Pain, bleeding,blood pressure droping way down,oxegan levels staying real low.Blood sugar also falling,9 hours I was there,Had a 2 hours drive home with took 3 becauce I had to stop and go to the bathroom!And the Dr thinks I will need it again,he had trouble getting it to brake up!
I have been up 9 times tonight to pee!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry
I have been through the lithotripsy myself, but the worst part was something they left in there to keep the urethra open
I was so uncomfortable for more than a week until they took it out...I can't remember the name of it
I hope you feel better soon

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

I am so sorry
I have been through the lithotripsy myself, but the worst part was something they left in there to keep the urethra open
I was so uncomfortable for more than a week until they took it out...I can't remember the name of it
I hope you feel better soon
My tube will be in for 2 weeks!Hate it!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless your heart!
I've heard how horrible kidney stones can be..

I hope you get to feeling better soon!

~KK~

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sad to hear you've gone through it too
My best friend Renae just had her second lithotripsy done yesterday. She has a very large kidney stone that they've been trying to break up with no success so far. Her first lithotripsy was soo painful that she said she it was just unbearable. I feel soo helpless because i wish i could have done something for her- she's miserable. She had another one yesterday because the first one was unsuccessful.

She's had a stint in for a few weeks now as well. She's supposed to have that out on Monday if all goes ok. She'll know on Mon. of the second procedure worked or not. If not she said she doesn't want to go through another lithrotrispy again- it's too painful, so she will opt for the surgery. I believe the way she said the surgery works is that they are going to go in through her back somehow. The doctor said she'll be out of commission for a while if they do the actual surgery.

I've never had a kidney stone before (thankfully) so i can't even imagine how much they hurt. I hope you both feel better soon!

Are there several hospital in your area that do the procedure? Maybe you can go somewhere else if the first one doesn't work. Here in the Memphis area (which is huge and has lots of hospitals) there is only one place that does lith. and it's one of the oldest most creepy hospitals around, St. Francis. My best friend said the staff is horrible there and that the whole hospital just creeps her out
I wish they could have at least had the option of another closer hospital.

Did yours break the skin at all? Her first procedure didn't, but this one yesterday did and the poor thing has bruising all over her side
They gave her some stuff (hydrocodone of some sort if think) for the pain but she said it's not helping? I was wondering if maybe they gave you something that is helping with the pain at all that i could tell her to ask about. I hope you feel better soon
Just take care of yourself and take it easy

I feel soo bad for you- you must be every bit as miserable as my friend is right now
I'll keep you both in my prayers that you feel better soon!

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I'm sad to hear you've gone through it too
My best friend Renae just had her second lithotripsy done yesterday. She has a very large kidney stone that they've been trying to break up with no success so far. Her first lithotripsy was soo painful that she said she it was just unbearable. I feel soo helpless because i wish i could have done something for her- she's miserable. She had another one yesterday because the first one was unsuccessful.

She's had a stint in for a few weeks now as well. She's supposed to have that out on Monday if all goes ok. She'll know on Mon. of the second procedure worked or not. If not she said she doesn't want to go through another lithrotrispy again- it's too painful, so she will opt for the surgery. I believe the way she said the surgery works is that they are going to go in through her back somehow. The doctor said she'll be out of commission for a while if they do the actual surgery.

I've never had a kidney stone before (thankfully) so i can't even imagine how much they hurt. I hope you both feel better soon!

Are there several hospital in your area that do the procedure? Maybe you can go somewhere else if the first one doesn't work. Here in the Memphis area (which is huge and has lots of hospitals) there is only one place that does lith. and it's one of the oldest most creepy hospitals around, St. Francis. My best friend said the staff is horrible there and that the whole hospital just creeps her out
I wish they could have at least had the option of another closer hospital.

Did yours break the skin at all? Her first procedure didn't, but this one yesterday did and the poor thing has bruising all over her side
They gave her some stuff (hydrocodone of some sort if think) for the pain but she said it's not helping? I was wondering if maybe they gave you something that is helping with the pain at all that i could tell her to ask about. I hope you feel better soon
Just take care of yourself and take it easy

I feel soo bad for you- you must be every bit as miserable as my friend is right now
I'll keep you both in my prayers that you feel better soon!
they gave me the same med! Does not work at all!!!My skin didn;t break ,but I am bruised !I am leaning towards surgery.this hurts way to much!This hostital is tops in this area.I am passing some stones,HURTS<HURTS!!!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I feel for you... hydrocodone helped massively for my little lapband procedure, so if it's not doing you any good, you must be on an unimaginable level of agony. I'm so sorry!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How ghastly! I've sent many people away for that type of procedure, but I'm always gone by the time they return so I haven't had to see the after math of it. But the alternative is much worse. At one time they used to remove the kidney if the stones were bad enough.

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Oh, I feel for you... hydrocodone helped massively for my little lapband procedure, so if it's not doing you any good, you must be on an unimaginable level of agony. I'm so sorry!
thank you, I am going to call him tomorrow,I want something
thats works!!

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is the lithotripsy thing like? I have had an injured achilles tendon since last August and the Dr says that the next step will be to use the same shockwaves that lithotripsy involves on my achilles tendon in order to promote healing.

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

What is the lithotripsy thing like? I have had an injured achilles tendon since last August and the Dr says that the next step will be to use the same shockwaves that lithotripsy involves on my achilles tendon in order to promote healing.
I have no idea! I would like to know the answer to that.I have also had an torn achilles tendon,

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Sherral, I'm so sorry! that the pain at least subsides super soon! And lots more vibes that you won't have to have the procedure again!!!!!!

Laurie

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

It's an ultrasound and it's painless to have.

However, when it comes to breaking up stones in the kidney or gall bladder, while the procedure itself is painless, passing the stones isn't.

So far as ultrasound on an achilles tendon, you won't even know you had anything done. All you will feel is the smooth tool being rubbed over the area, nothing more. It can also be used to help break up scar tissue. I had ultrasound done on both my ankle and foot after fractures. To give you an idea of how it feels.... put some hand lotion on the back of your hand and take a spoon and rub the back of the spoon on the area.

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

It's an ultrasound and it's painless to have.

However, when it comes to breaking up stones in the kidney or gall bladder, while the procedure itself is painless, passing the stones isn't
.!!!:

So far as ultrasound on an achilles tendon, you won't even know you had anything done. All you will feel is the smooth tool being rubbed over the area, nothing more. It can also be used to help break up scar tissue. I had ultrasound done on both my ankle and foot after fractures. To give you an idea of how it feels.... put some hand lotion on the back of your hand and take a spoon and rub the back of the spoon on the area.
I have passed 3 small one tonight,talk about pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I can't have a stiff one!!