*****KatKwiz! - March 13 - Easy day?*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get up at exactly the same time every day. I start the coffee, feed the cats, clean their facility, comb Persi, grab a cup of coffee and come sit down here in front of the computer at exactly the same time every day (but do not post KatKwiz at the same time every day).

I want to display all posts that have occurred in the last 24 hours, no more, no less.
I do this by _____(one or more steps)_____.

Note: There are several solutions to this but today's winner will be the one that provides the answer in the least number of steps.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well you could do at display options at the bottom of a forum or go to the search icon at the top and do an advanced search.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to display all posts that have occurred in the last 24 hours, no more, no less.
I do this by clicking on "quick links" at the top of the front page and click on "today's posts."

That's what I do,anyway.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by taterbug

I do this by clicking on "quick links" at the top of the front page and click on "today's posts."

That's what I do,anyway.
(I have to sleep sometime.)
You are absolutely right! And you are the KatKwiz Whiz of the day!

There are more elaborate ways to do this with advanced search but this is the simplest, most direct way of doing this and if you look at the list, it only displays all posts in the last 24 hours exactly.

KatKwery

What are your first two clicks of the day?

To create more interest in this section of KatKwiz, from time to time extra points will be given away. So, check this part every day for your chance to win more points! Today, Persi will send 700 points to the first person that tells which of the drop down functions under Quick Links doesn't work.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mistressotdark

the only thing I can see that doesn't work under quick links..is miscellaneous
Persi has already sent you 700 points. In the future it will pay to read the KatKwery section of KatKwiz. Not every day, but at random. (All extra point questions will be directly related to the KatKwiz question of the day.) And sometimes, more than once a day, like today. Alley wants to send 700 points to the first person to answer this one: (other than mistressotdark).

Have you ever really noticed, after clicking Cat Forums, those bulletin boards in the left hand column? Sometimes some things are so obvious that they are overlooked.
Some have one sticky on them and others have two stickies. When I finish going through the posts in the morning (using the two clicks described in today's question), the next thing I do is to make all of these bulletin boards have only one sticky on them by _____(one or more steps)_____.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

There are more elaborate ways to do this with advanced search but this is the simplest, most direct way of doing this and if you look at the list, it only displays all posts in the last 24 hours exactly.

KatKwery

To create more interest in this section of KatKwiz, from time to time extra points will be given away. So, check this part every day for your chance to win more points! Today, Persi will send 700 points to the first person that tells which of the drop down functions under Quick Links doesn't work.
Why, thank you!!
What a great idea for extra points!!
KatKwery is going to be almost as fun as KatKwiz!!

tutti_bella

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

KatKwery

Just an observation:-

If you are not logged into your account, you can just click on Today's Post without having to go through Quick Links. It's nested on top of the page. But of course, once you are logged in, then you will need to go through Quick Links and then Today's Post.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tutti_bella

If you are not logged into your account, you can just click on Today's Post without having to go through Quick Links. It's nested on top of the page. But of course, once you are logged in, then you will need to go through Quick Links and then Today's Post.
Interesting observation!!
I always stay logged in myself.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tutti_bella

Very good observation! It is observations like this that will add more educational benefits. Sharing ideas like this is exactly what I am hoping for!

BTW, Alley still has 700 points up for grabs! Go back up a few posts and you will find her question, one that is directly related to the KatKwiz question of the Day. 700 points, Persi has already given away an extra 700 points and Alley wants to match that!

mulenag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Have you ever really noticed, after clicking Cat Forums, those bulletin boards in the left hand column? Sometimes some things are so obvious that they are overlooked.
Some have one sticky on them and others have two stickies. When I finish going through the posts in the morning (using the two clicks described in today's question), the next thing I do is to make all of these bulletin boards have only one sticky on them by _____(one or more steps)_____.
Click Quick Links then click mark forums read ???

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MuleNag

Click Quick Links then click mark forums read ???
You are soooooooo right! Try it yourself folks. That way, you can tell at a glance if there are any new posts in each of the forums!

Alley is happy to be sending you 700 points.