New Laptop

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got my laptop today (aren't bonuses from work wonderful?) My BIL got it for me and set it all up. He dropped it off at my daughter's workplace since he was going past there today so I got it just a few hours ago. Before I could even open the case to take it out, Bijou claimed possession of it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, he'll probably spend hours "talking" to Topaz.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww Bijou, you're so handsome!!! He just wants to make sure you're still the main distraction in his life

sammiesmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a surprise! Sammie insists on walking across the area between my keyboard and the edge of the laptop every day - sometimes several times a day.

Silly me...I forgot that it is all about her.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

i guess you will just have to tell work, you will need a new laptop.
Unfortunately Bruce, work wouldn't be buying me a laptop. This is my own personal laptop that I got with my annual bonus so my hubby doesn't have to share our desktop with me in the evenings. He uses the desktop to practice his songs for the band. My biggest problem with the laptop is the keyboard. I'm so used to a regular keyboard that my fingers keep getting in all the wrong places.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

they will get used to the layout,
lol but you never said what model you got.
Dell Inspiron 1525/1526 with a few upgrades from the basic machine like larger memory, cordless mouse, and other stuff that I know very little about. My BIL has his own computer installation/maintenance business and works on contract so he got the computer for me through his business account with Dell and set it all up for me. I just told him what I would like to have, what I'd be using it for, that I didn't want to have to upgrade in a couple years and he took it from there for me. Oh, and I opted for hot pink just so hubby remembers it's mine.

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Oh, and I opted for hot pink just so hubby remembers it's mine.
That is a good way! On my laptop background I've my cats, so my dh knows it mine! He has his favorite HBO logo on his laptop.

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
congrats on your new laptop that is too cute!!! Squishy loves to sit on my keyboard while i am trying to use my laptop so yours has claimed it closed your gonna have to stand your ground when its open
that is funny i always send on whatever squishy has added to what i am typing i just make a quote at the end that it was "squishy's response"
it gets quite a few laughs when i am on instant messengers lol

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I got my laptop today (aren't bonuses from work wonderful?) My BIL got it for me and set it all up. He dropped it off at my daughter's workplace since he was going past there today so I got it just a few hours ago. Before I could even open the case to take it out, Bijou claimed possession of it.
aww!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is an awesome computer!!! Is the photo showing it in a zip up case? I wish I could have a pink computer, LOL!
Did you have to get Vista?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

That is an awesome computer!!! Is the photo showing it in a zip up case? I wish I could have a pink computer, LOL!
Did you have to get Vista?
Thanks. Yes the photo is showing the zip up case. The actual computer cover is a vibrant hot pink.
You could probably see it on the Dell website. No Vista - I have Windows XP.