Are there any foods/treats I should avoid?

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am wondering if there is any foods/treats that I should avoid.
I was in another forum and two different people said their cats were having seizures from "whisker lickin's" treats...so I am wondering if there are other things I should avoid.

I am just wondering about cat foods/treats...I know chocolate,onions and things like that are bad.

Advice?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine get the greenies or equivalent of that. Also I got a few sample packages of dry food at the show recently which are in the treat container

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anything that looks too low quality - lots of corn, wheat, by products, bad preservatives, artificial this or that, etc.
Try to get something that doesn't have a bunch of dyes.

Generally if the package looks all cute and brightly colored to push how much your cat will love the treats... most of the cost went into the package.
Just make sure to read the ingredients.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
the best treats I found for Kandie was Wildside salmon.... Zoey prefers another type of dry cat food

I avoid BHT , BHA , Ethoxiquin ... ANY dyes with numbers ... digest

kittyl0ve4

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 709Juggalette

I am wondering if there is any foods/treats that I should avoid.
I was in another forum and two different people said their cats were having seizures from "whisker lickin's" treats...so I am wondering if there are other things I should avoid.

I am just wondering about cat foods/treats...I know chocolate,onions and things like that are bad.

Advice?
My cats favorite treats are WHisker Lickens, as soon as they hear me shaking the container they come tearing into the room for some, even if theyre sleeping when i start shaking it. neither of my cats have ever gotten seizures from them. But now im afraid to buy them again if thats true. ive had a few seizures myself & i dont want my cats to go thru that, its a very scary experience. is it true or what?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KiTTYL0VE4

My cats favorite treats are WHisker Lickens, as soon as they hear me shaking the container they come tearing into the room for some, even if theyre sleeping when i start shaking it. neither of my cats have ever gotten seizures from them. But now im afraid to buy them again if thats true. ive had a few seizures myself & i dont want my cats to go thru that, its a very scary experience. is it true or what?
I really don't know if it was true.
These two people said their cats were having seizures,but only when they started giving them "Whisker Lickin's"...the vet wasn't sure what was going on apparently and when these people stopped giving those treats,the seizures stopped.So they think it was the treats.

I don't know if it is true or not,but I am avoiding that brand...just in case.It could of been an ingrediant in the treats or maybe both cats were allergic or something...even tho these people live in different states and didn't even know each other,it could of been a coincedance that both cats reacted.

Honestly I am not sure.Thats just what I heard and so I am avoiding them.

baby-freckles

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Could this not also depend on the cat? We have got 3 types of the Whiskas treats for Smudge. She seems to love them!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Baby-Freckles

Could this not also depend on the cat? We have got 3 types of the Whiskas treats for Smudge. She seems to love them!
It could.
Again,I am only repeating what I heard.