shed O rama!

sunfairie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Man, anyone else's kits feel spring coming?

My cats are dropping fur all over the place..
any tips?
should I bathe them?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sunfairie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
(doning a shame on you bad kitty owner shield)
umm..no...
Only because I have no clue how too..I was thinking of taking them to get groomed but I do not think a groomers is the best place for a cat to go.

what do I use on short haired kits?

I have a thick bristled brush that I was using on my LH Pumpkin but it does not seems to pull any hair out.\t

I give them every other day wet wipe baths, trim their nails, put soft paws on, but am not doing any brushing...

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lots of folks have good results brushing with the Furminator. You'll find many posts about it here.

I prefer a regular slicker brush. My kitty tolerates it best, and it gets plenty of hair off.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furminator works great. Zoom Groom works almost as well and is a lot cheaper and is easier to use on an uncooperative kitty. Finish with a slicker brush to pick up fur loosened by the Furminator or Zoom Groom.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mschauer

Furminator works great. Zoom Groom works almost as well and is a lot cheaper and is easier to use on an uncooperative kitty. Finish with a slicker brush to pick up fur loosened by the Furminator or Zoom Groom.
I brush my 2 shorthaired boys with the Furminator & ZoomGroom, depending on their moods I switch up using the brushes. They both work wonders!

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started with the Zoom Groom, which is great - then got a Furminator which is even greater!
My two DSHs love the furminator. Then I usually follow up with a very soft brush, because they like that too and I'm a push-over.

I actually do a little brush almost every morning - they like the 'together' time. They usually come over when they see me getting the furminator out of the basket.

sunfairie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ahhh
this is what I needed..
thanks you guys for the furminator and zoom groom and other brushing tips....

sunfairie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MonaxLisa

The furminator does work great, but be careful, I brushed my car nearly (very nearly) bald with it so make sure you pay attention and dont brush in one spot too long.
OK
so it is just a brush..it does not have a razor or something in it..right?

sunfairie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sunfairie

OK
so it is just a brush..it does not have a razor or something in it..right?
nevermind i see here it does ....sorry LKAK (lap kit at keyboard
) one hand typing/surfing

raggiekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yep, I've noticed more shedding lately too....bless her, it's cold here one day then warmer the next.
I have taken to combing/brushing her at least every other day if not every day sometimes. I only use the zoom groom a couple times a week though and just combs mostly followed by a slicker brush. I have a whole box of combs and brushes I use, bless her!

I've been interested in the furminator, but I'm too chicken to try it because she's long haired and I don't want to take too much off

sunfairie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RaggieKitty

I've been interested in the furminator, but I'm too chicken to try it because she's long haired and I don't want to take too much off
oohh I see why..she is gorgeous!!!