Anyone else love apple sauce??????

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I swear i'm an apple sauce fanatic!
I cook/bake with it all the time and eat at least 1 cup of it every day! I love the stuff!!!

My absolute favorite is the Mott's No Sugar Added. It's soo yummy!
Any other applesauce fans out there? What's your favorite brand or recipe??

pjk5900

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE applesauce!

now that you said it I have to go get a bowl of it.

Musselman's chunky or cinnamon.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH loves it, but I have a weird texture problem with foods so just thinking about eating it kind of grosses me out. Love apples though.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I have a migraine applesauce is an absolute no no!! The texture and smell with make me hurl everytime! TMI!! Sorry! But I loooovvveeee the cinnamin kind that my step mom makes!! She gets the apples from the tree and goes to work and then sends some home with me for the kids! They never get much though!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like it, but I don't eat it often. It's high in carbs. About the only time I do use it is when I make a Pork Roast, or my low fat muffins. Otherwise I'd rather have an apple than apple sauce.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nikki, I've been meaning to talk to you about these highly controversial threads you've been posting. If you want trouble, you can just move along, sister -- this is not that kind of site...

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Luuuurve applesauce!

I used to buy a big bottle and finish it in a night (when I was little and less inhibited I'd find the bottle in the fridge and DRINK from it!)

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have to agree - applesauce is wonderful. I much prefer homemade over storebought but can enjoy the Mott's regular applesauce. I love it with pork (roast or chops). My MIL also serves it with Turkey at Christmas/Easter/Thanksgiving which surprisingly is quite good. She makes these wonderful little deep fried things called "croketches" (now that is only what it sounds like to me because she is Dutch so I'm sure the spelling is waaaaayyy off) which are delicious with applesauce.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I have to agree - applesauce is wonderful. I much prefer homemade over storebought but can enjoy the Mott's regular applesauce. I love it with pork (roast or chops). My MIL also serves it with Turkey at Christmas/Easter/Thanksgiving which surprisingly is quite good. She makes these wonderful little deep fried things called "croketches" (now that is only what it sounds like to me because she is Dutch so I'm sure the spelling is waaaaayyy off) which are delicious with applesauce.
Hmmmm, I have never had homemade apple sauce
But I do love it with pork!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Hmmmm, I have never had homemade apple sauce
But I do love it with pork!
It's so easy to make. Just get some good cooking applies, i.e. NOT red or golden delicious nor Macintosh, peel and slice. Put them in a heavy pot with a bit of water and a pinch of salt and let them simmer. Stir frequently, then add sugar to your own taste. Some folks add nutmeg or cinnamon but I like mine plain with just the sugar and a pinch of salt. Sometimes if the apples are fairly crisp and they don't get smooth, I use a potato masher. I tried using the hand mixer once but it made it too smooth - almost like a paste and it wasn't nearly as nice as when it was a bit "bumpy" IMO.

Sometimes when I make applesauce in the fall with the new apples (Cortland are my favourite apples for applesauce and apple pie), I just have a dish of applesauce with some homestyle bread and butter and my coffee. Of course I'm a little strange anyway since I even like my chocolate pudding with bread and butter.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I swear i'm an apple sauce fanatic!
I cook/bake with it all the time and eat at least 1 cup of it every day! I love the stuff!!!

My absolute favorite is the Mott's No Sugar Added. It's soo yummy!
Any other applesauce fans out there? What's your favorite brand or recipe??
As long as the sauce is made with genuine Washington State apples!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like it with cinnamon added. Unfortunately, It has a laxative effect on me.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been on a real apple sauce kick lately, I love the new fruit flavored ones out there. Such a delicious low-fat snack. Yes I've always loved apple sauce, especially cinnamon flavored.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really like applesauce but it doesn't always like me

I have found that the process stuff from the store has way to much sugar in it and bothers my stomach..
However I have an excellent recipe that was my grandmothers that I make every once in awhile. I can limit the amount of sugar in..I like to add other spices for different flavors. Plus also fruit like strawberry's and raspberry's to sweeten it..I made it once with cherries and it was fantastic..