Pedicures

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sat in my living room this evening and gave my self a pedicure!

I soaked my feet for about 40 minutes in nice hot soapy water. I trimmed my toe nails, worked on my 2 ingrown nails, and pummiced my feet. Once they tried I used a foot callous file (like sandpaper) to smooth the roughness and make them silky smooth, and then finally applied some Nivea Body Lotion.

Now my feet feel so great!

I am reluctant to go for a professional pedicure because of my 2 ingrown nails. I know they do foot massages but when my ingrowns are bothering me I can't stand to have anyone "massage" because it hurts! So I always do my own pedicures.

I didn't bother to paint my nails though. No one but me sees them and the polish wears off inside track shoes anyway.

Does anyone here get pedicures and do you have someone do them for you or do you do them by yourself?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Does anyone here get pedicures and do you have someone do them for you or do you do them by yourself?
well, i voted 'yes', but really wanted to vote 'both'. now that i've lost weight, i've been doing my own. prior to that, it was just so difficult to do it myself that i often got 'professional' ones. i put that in quotes because i went to our local high school's cosmetology department for them.
mine are always polished during sandal weather - i get the 'sally girl' polishes at sally beauty supply. a buck apiece, so i have LOADS of colors!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE pedicures!!! I would have voted for both if there were an option though! I'm pretty good at doing my nails myself- so sometimes if i'm short on time or $ i'll do them myself. If i have the money and the time though- i LOVE to go to this little shop near my house for them. They are very clean, have an excellent rating, and do a wonderful job
There's not much more relaxing in my book than a great massage/pedi!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I voted yes, but I have never had one professionally but already have an appointment to go before we go to the beach this year!
I do my own often though!
I use a sugar scrub on mine and it makes them feel great!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

I've had a pedicure one time. I'd love to do it again though.
Only once just to see what it was like. I liked it and want to get another one but its money I can't spend right now.

pjk5900

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only get one once in a while.
It's like a big pampering thing cause it cost about $40. including tip here.

I would do it more often if I could, but there's always something more important.

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
same. I do get mine done professionally sometimes but lately I just do them myself.

I get my nails done every few weeks so I try to save a little money on my toes...

I really only get mine done when I want something besides clear polish, I can't paint my own nails, toe or otherwise, very well.

isabel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I do them myself. I can't see spending money on things that I can do (and look just as good) myself. I only paint my toenails during summer, though.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love getting pedis because of the massage. DH doesn't like rubbing my feet and it's just not the same to do it myself. Of course, I do them mostly myself because of $$ but when I can I love getting one. Also, if you have a sensative spot and go to a nice salon (not the quickie nail places) they are very good about giving you exactly what you want.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never have and not really interested in having one done. Don't like people touching my feet!! I will put polish on in the summer though.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I definitely get pedicures, especially in the summer. I love them. When its done professionally, the polish stays on forever.

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I am reluctant to go for a professional pedicure because of my 2 ingrown nails.
You know you can have those taken care of, PAIN FREE! I say that because I suffered with one for a long while before I realized that I could go to the Podiatrist and have if taken care of. What a great day that was.

http://drtompkins.com/conditions/ingrown_nails.htm

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

I do not get them. One person got one and died from a infection out here and alot of places got in trouble. I would do my own though.
Same here. I only paint my toes when I wear sandels, which is about 3/4 of the year here.

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I adore getting pedicures.
I get them every two weeks in the summer (open shoes) but in the winter I get a bit lazy about it, maybe every month.

I think the polish is the icing really and could do without. I most go for the overall grooming of it and the foot/calf massage. My regular girl knows I love that part and does it for a looooong time! I tip her great as a result.

PS: I'm grateful someone is willing to touch my feet

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I definitely get pedicures, especially in the summer. I love them. When its done professionally, the polish stays on forever.

You know you can have those taken care of, PAIN FREE! I say that because I suffered with one for a long while before I realized that I could go to the Podiatrist and have if taken care of. What a great day that was.

http://drtompkins.com/conditions/ingrown_nails.htm
Thanks for the link
I'll definitely look into it here. My family doctor usually just freezes the toe and rips out the edge of the nail down to the cuticle! The nail grows back and is still ingrown... only worse!