I Cannot Believe This Ad on Craigslist

hurdyburdy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've heard some pretty bad reasons for getting rid of pets before.. but this is unbelievable

I cant have my dog (*chico*) anymore since im getting my backyard done. no room when im getting a pool. he's great around kids and people. very playful
Sarcasm -- I guess that a pool is much more important than a living part of the family .

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hurdyburdy

I've heard some pretty bad reasons for getting rid of pets before.. but this is unbelievable

Sarcasm -- I guess that a pool is much more important than a living part of the family .
Wow! Some people.....I think that is one of the *dumber* ones!!!

purrrrfect

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh! my goodness. Would they give up their child incase they fell in thier precious pool? Ive heard all sorts of excuses for needing to rehome a loving pet. But that one is just the pits.
How about the dog stays and relax's by the pool and the owner gets shut in a cage for maybe months on end. See how he likes it.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some people put more value on material things. Since a pool is probably a better status symbol than a dog, it's bye bye doggie.
We've all seen this countless times and as dedicated pet owners our mind set is so much different we can't understand - nor want to.

An example - my reptiles are crowding DH and I, we have no space for anything. Do we get rid of the reptiles or do we start looking for a bigger home? Easy answer to guess.

Average non pet owner type would say "just get rid of them".

And it is wrong. If you choose to make a commitment you stick with it.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Because of a pool.......you've GOT to be kidding! What the heck
Why would you even admit that?!