staring at the kitchen cupboards?

mistressotdark

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sabrina is a strange Kitty. The last couple of days she will sit on the kitchen floor and just stare at the cupboards..but its like she's trying to look under them?
strange kitty...
I've looked but I don't know what she sees?
Is she thinking the doors are gonna open so she can climb into them??

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
maybe she saw a spider go under or something? milo will sit for ages waiting for any creepycrawlies to come back out!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mistressotdark

Sabrina is a strange Kitty. The last couple of days she will sit on the kitchen floor and just stare at the cupboards..but its like she's trying to look under them?
strange kitty...
I've looked but I don't know what she sees?
Is she thinking the doors are gonna open so she can climb into them??
Alley has a whole complete ritual when it comes to cupboards. First she will sit and stare for a long time. Then she will move her paws up and down in front, not actually touching them, as though it was some kind of magic "open sesame". When that does not work, she will then actually attempt to open them and in some cases, succeed.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We once had the "sit and stare" mystery. Eventually we pulled out the drawer at the bottom of the stove, and a little mouse ran out!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go through your cabinets, keep a look out for mouse droppings and if you have any food in your cabinets - chew holes in bags.

Sho let me know a while back that we had a mouse in the kitchen, he did the same staring at the cabinets for no reason. So I tiptoed in there one night when he was watching and quickly opened the cabinet door under the sink... and scared the mouse.
A trap took care of that.

Don't put it off, you don't want mice breeding.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^ or hear. Once I realized what Sho was staring for I listened and could hear the mouse too.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there any pipes around there? I thought we had a mouse at one point but here it was the hot water running to the dishwasher. The pipes are over my desk & Spunky would sit on mine and stare up to the kitchen.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As I mentioned in the "Cat Facts" thread, cats have fantastic hearing and can hear mice in places you and I would never be able to detect them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mistressotdark

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
actually she stares under the sink...
there's no food in there...
in fact..its all cleaning stuff ...
at the spot she's looking...
all the food is in the upper cupboards.
but I shall look..didn't see any the other day...