what a conversation.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boss calls me, starts off by telling me that i have been spreading rumors.

hmm nice, i need to talk to people here to do that? i see one person when i get here. One person before i leave.

So when i asked what this rumor was, i had no idea what she was talking about.. So as i told her, That kinda leaves me out.

Next issue, Was she was mad that went out for food and a ball game with the over seas IT people.

So she told me,
I am not to talk to the EU or asian IT people.
err, i am supposed to support there networks & servers,
but i am not suppoed to have personal contact with the people ?

so i asked her, this email i just got from china, should i just ignore the email? and the message on my phone from the guy in china who is incharge of buying stuff, do you want me to create a trouble ticket for them, and just put in the case sorry not allowed to talk to you by order of HP manger and close the ticket?

so the boss hangs up on me.
i would be more then willing not to talk to people , just sit here and surf the web, play games on my psp, read a book.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooooh, you're in trouble now. There's nothing bosses hate worse than having it pointed out to them how unbelievably stupid they are.

How do people like that get put in charge of ANYTHING?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

How do people like that get put in charge of ANYTHING?
In her case, we let her get put in charge, Cause she did less damange that way. She was doing the same job i am, But she had 0 tech skills.

I have no idea how she even got the job in the first place.
most of us have Tons of IT work behind us before we even came here.

my degree is not in computers, but over time i have picked up,
CNA(Certified Novell Administrator)
MCSE(Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer)
CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional)

been doing this for 12 + years.
she has no degree and was a secretary, before getting hired here. ( As i said, she had no Back ground IT at all)

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good job Bruce!

I hate it when you're smarter than your boss/supervisor/manager.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Really, it's time for a new job, Bruce.
That's what I'm thinking. You've posted about "odd" things happening before. Do you think it's possible that they are trying to make things difficult so that you quit? Or that they are building a file against you in order to fire you for some reason?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

That's what I'm thinking. You've posted about "odd" things happening before. Do you think it's possible that they are trying to make things difficult so that you quit? Or that they are building a file against you in order to fire you for some reason?
i have been fired 3 times now.
Each time the client demands they bring me back.

they last time i was fired it was for doing what the area manger for hp told me to do or i should say not to do. When the client asked why some things where not getting done, my boss told them i refused to do it.

only after i sent a copy of the email to the client where the area manger and my boss both said if i was caught going outside of the support contract again, they would fire me.
But instead of telling the client, it was out of outside of are support contract, she made the effort to toss me under the bus.

once again, the clent demand that, they bring me back.

but yes they would love to get rid of me,
they say i cost them to much money, they dont like my realtionship i have with the client. Also my direct boss is a loon(and yes i mean he nuts), and everyone but me is scared of him. Even my boss has admited she is scared of him.

over the last 2 years, this place has become as they say a very toxic work envorment.

we cant even keep people. most leave before they even find new jobs
they are starting people out at 20 + dollars a hour, and they wont stay.

its time to leave, i know. i have been in conversation with IBM, and with a IT school in Thailand.

lol but driving my boss nuts is kinda fun.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bruce, maybe you can get her fired and then you could become the boss!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I worked in the corporate environment one of my co-works coined the phase "you screw up, you move up"!!

Don't you like when I boss says one thing and does another???

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sighhhh.... soooo familiar. First one to the boss with a story wins. And you don't even have to DO ANYTHING to get into trouble and then you have to defend yourself and you sound like a whiny baby who's pointing fingers and even with documentation.. etc.... etc.... HATE offices!! HATE HATE HATE!!! People act like jack-behinds!!

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bruce, the bosses where you work sound a lot like management where I work. You're doing a fine job and management needs to be kept in their place...like on the bottom of my shoe

chelly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Lack of skills + lack of social etiquette + little bit of power = timebomb

I hope you find a good position somewhere where they appreciate you and value your ability to maintain a good relationship with your clients oh and that you can do your job properly unlike your boss!