The Beijing Death Camps

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
England tried that in the middle ages and ended up with widespread transmission of the plague when the rodent population got out of hand. I hope the activists can make some progress.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Those poor cats!

When my husband saw me reading the article, he said, "You're reading that too? It made me so depressed last night. But it's the Chinese, so we shouldn't be surprised.
savages."

What I don't understand is that the whole freakin' world knows how horrid conditions are - for humans and animals - in China. WHY was China chosen for the Olympics???

audiocat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I saw the article yesterday and was horrified by the picture of the cats in the cage.

Hauling cats off to "death camps" and meat factories is not going to make a good impression on the rest of the world.

I don't understand why China was the choice for the Olympics either. The air is SO bad - the poor athletes are going to have trouble breathing.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're Nazi's in my book
Those poor, prescious cats
It's soo sad to think of what horrible things they're going through over there. And people were suprised when the pet food recalls happened???
Go figure! I don't get how people can be soo darn cruel!
It's pathetic
It breaks my heart to think of how many children and other people suffer in that horrid country on a daily basis too and their concept of "population control" -don't even get me started

And i ask again -WHY do other countries even bother doing trade/etc with China??? Cheap goods
Pathetic! I'd rather pay more of my own money and buy products from the US and other countries who do not praticipate in such horrible practices like China does. It's amazing what people will put up with for a cheap product/etc. I will NOT be supporting the Olympics!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

England tried that in the middle ages and ended up with widespread transmission of the plague when the rodent population got out of hand. I hope the activists can make some progress.
yea that

people wont do anything , they are still going to go to walmart, and what other store they can buy stuff the cheapest,

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Unfortunately, much the same thing happened in Athens when Greece hosted the Olympic Games, but I don't recall the government there telling boldfaced lies about the risk of dieases being the "reason" for rounding up and killing dogs and cats.

This just goes to show that some of China's leaders have learned nothing from the past. Back in the late fifties and early sixties, Mao Zedong "declared war" on sparrows, and so many were killed or died of exhaustion after being chased from any resting places that China was plagued by locusts. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Sparrow_Campaign

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't understand how they got the Olympics in the first place - They shut down their factories so that the smog would be reduced for when the IOC delegates came to town!!

All those poor cats - And the worse thing is that you know there is no way they are going to be put down humanely.

How good is that lady with the 250 cats?? They all look really well too!

No olympics for me - No wonder heaps of athletes are boycotting.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
China...
Hell on Earth.
Those poor cats.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The IOC is corupt. China was probably awarded the games because they were the highest bidder. I have to admit that I don't really know what goes into the selection process for awarding a country the olympic games, right now I really don't care. China never should have been in running for the games based on their human rights record alone. Reading the article made me sick.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I must say that although this is of no fault to the people running the olympics, I will not be watching it. I will not support it any way. They will not get a penny out of me. The only way to save some of those poor cats is to have the olympics people take a stand! Who cares if theres a few cats running around!! That just infuriates me!! The poor kitties... so helpless!
Why would any country tell people to turn their cats in and then just let the cats die?!?! People spread disease faster than any other animal. I just dont understand. Im very angry!

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't bring myself to read the article.

I am asking that anyone who is very disgusted not only boycott the Olympics, but refuse to buy Chinese products.

This is difficult to do, but I have been doing it since the pet food recalls. I will not purchase ANYTHING from China. I also won't purchase anything that doesn't have its origin listed.

We can make a difference. We as the Consumer MUST stop purchasing and thus tell the American manufacturers who are importing from China we are not buying.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will not put a penny into the olympics this year. Screw that! Those poor kitties! The one picture of that all white kitty with his face covered in red raw sores just broke my heart! (that was in the sos forum, same story, just different article)

I will not do anything to support that behavior! They already lost my money when they lined childrens toys with lead based paint! I had to actually go through and take my kids toys away from them! I may still go to walmart to buy stuff, but I will be darn sure of where its from before I buy it!!

Sending & prayers to those poor kitties in need! Sending brains for the people doing it to them!

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
China never should have received the most favored nation trade status. If it were up to me we would be taxing the hell out of goods coming into this country from China. I believe our tariff on goods coming in from China maxes out around 2%, China has a tariff of 30-40% on US goods being imported there. Not to mention the hundreds of thousands of jobs lost here. Tell me we aren't getting the short end of the stick with that arrangement.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

China never should have received the most favored nation trade status. If it were up to me we would be taxing the hell out of goods coming into this country from China. I believe our tariff on goods coming in from China maxes out around 2%, China has a tariff of 30-40% on US goods being imported there. Not to mention the hundreds of thousands of jobs lost here. Tell me we aren't getting the short end of the stick with that arrangement.
Yep, i fully agree, along with china has been devauling there money to keep things cheap.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We should e-mail our federal political Representatives and ask for their help.

Who are the corporate sponsors of the Olympics?
Boycott them and let them know you are doing it.

If anyone can come up with a list of sponsors please post it.
Let's do our part for the cats in China.

I sent this article to Peta.
I know that many times we don't agree with their policies but these cats need all the help that they can get and Peta has an organization already in place.

Those cats need action now!