TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Leya made it through the vet! Poor kitty....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Leya made it through the vet! Poor kitty....

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
(Leya is blind for those who don't know. And this was her first time to the vet since she went blind)

I took Leya to vet, the car ride was great (she doesn't move if it's a place she's not used to). As soon as we walked into the vets office she hissed and was scared half to death. poor thing. They opened a room for us so she wouldn't have to sit in the waiting room with all the noise. She never bit or scratched when the vet and tech looked her over and took her to be weighed. She didn't like the shots at all though!

Other than that she was great! The vet did the sight test and said, "well, I believe you about her being blind!" She had absolutely no responce. The vet kept complimenting her and how well she had adapted . Most blind cats she's come in contact with were very nervous and try to run.

She also explained to me that there is always a chance of your cat going blind with anaesthesia. Apparently they don't know why it happens Hopefully they can figure it out so no more cats have to go blind!
post #2 of 11
I'm glad she did so well! The vet is always amazed at how well Damita gets around & how well adjusted she is....apparently a lot of blind kitties are very aggressive & end up euthanized.
post #3 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by white cat lover View Post
I'm glad she did so well! The vet is always amazed at how well Damita gets around & how well adjusted she is....apparently a lot of blind kitties are very aggressive & end up euthanized.
That's what my vet said too! Most blind cats she knew were aggressive or VERY nervous. I'm so glad our kitties are nice and loving!
post #4 of 11
It is always a great thing when the kitties make it through a vet visit. Even more so when it is a special needs one. Excellent Leya.
post #5 of 11
Yay I'm glad she did well! I'm also glad she did alright in the car ride over!
post #6 of 11
I'm glad she did so well. Isn't that interesting...just sat there on the seat...live and learn!
post #7 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plebayo View Post
Yay I'm glad she did well! I'm also glad she did alright in the car ride over!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluchetta View Post
I'm glad she did so well. Isn't that interesting...just sat there on the seat...live and learn!
Yeah! I forgot that she won't move for about 20 minutes if you take her somewhere new. It's been over 6 months since I've taken her anywhere besides the front yard. She was so awesome! What a brave girl!

She's the only kitty allowed to sleep in the bedroom every night. She's under the covers with me right now and won't stop purring (Stuart is so hyper and constantly bites the other cats/dog or tares up anything he can if he's in here, and Enzo doesn't like to be locked in the bedroom for the night)
post #8 of 11
That's awesome she did so well.

My vet makes house calls. It costs more than an office visit but it beats having to listen the cats protest during the drive to the office. Shadow hisses at the vet and tries to get away but he settles down once she has a hold of him. The other two like the vet, especially her case she brings in with her on house calls. They have knocked it over a few times while checking out all of her stuff.
post #9 of 11
Aww! Bless her

I'm glad that she done well at the vets. If any of mine have to have a visit, they run off as soon as they see the basket come out

It sure is fun and games finding them after that..



Well Done Leya, you brave kitty
post #10 of 11
Awwwh! I'm glad she did so well and that it is all over for her!
post #11 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essayons89 View Post
That's awesome she did so well.

My vet makes house calls. It costs more than an office visit but it beats having to listen the cats protest during the drive to the office. Shadow hisses at the vet and tries to get away but he settles down once she has a hold of him. The other two like the vet, especially her case she brings in with her on house calls. They have knocked it over a few times while checking out all of her stuff.
I've never heard of a vet making house calls for cats! That's pretty cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDeeMay View Post
Aww! Bless her

I'm glad that she done well at the vets. If any of mine have to have a visit, they run off as soon as they see the basket come out

It sure is fun and games finding them after that..

Well Done Leya, you brave kitty
You know, I realized when I was getting ready for the appointment that our cats NEVER hide. You can always find them or just call their names. It's SOO nice. And Enzo LOVES to get in his carrier, I used to take him to work at a group home because he was such a great therapy cat!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelicat View Post
Awwwh! I'm glad she did so well and that it is all over for her!
I'm so glad it's over for her too! She's really sore now though, she doesn't want to be picked up. You can really tell it hurts her.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Leya made it through the vet! Poor kitty....