Anyone feed Felidae dry?

gidgetcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm thinking of adding Felidae dry into my cats' rotation (they already a wide array of wet foods). Has anyone else tried Felidae dry and what do your cats think of it?

Thank you in advance!

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That was Dahmer's food as a kitten. He liked it and it did him good. I couldn't afford it at the time so I switched him to something cheaper but if I had the money I wouldn't have mind keeping him on it.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I feed only Felidae dry to my kitties, and they love it. Not only that, but they have good teeth, are all a good weight (8-9 lbs), have shiny coats, and are happy, energetic kitties.

Why do you have a rotation of different foods? It's probably better for the cats if you stick to just one food.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I tried to get anyone here to eat it with no success. Serioulsy, something like 16 cats & no one would eat it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gidgetcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your replies.

I feed on rotation for a number of reasons. 1) If there would happen to be a vitamin deficiency with one food, hopefully it gets covered by another. 2) After the recalls, I feel better knowing that my cats aren't eating just one thing. 3) I know that I would get tired of eating the exact same thing day in and day out, and I bet my cats would too.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with rotation///

I am like Nat... two species and 3 animals two would not touch and one ruined her coat

ftmillmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I fed Felidae and all my cats really seemed to do good on it, but I decided to get weight off Sara and tried to go grain free and went with EVO before she gained 2 lbs. I would go back to again, grains and all if it weren't for the weight issue. I have to say they did good on this food and it did have benefits for all of their coats.

My dogs are also on Canidae and no plans on switching over right now or any time soon.

ilovemy2cats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I tried it for my two cats a few years ago, neither of them would eat it and my one cat is not picky. They don't like the canned food either.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have not tried the dry, but Riley doesn't like the canned.

I feed a mix of 2 drys, one is always California Natural, and the 2nd one I change every few bags (always grain-free)

lilyluvscats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My 2 cats eat it. I bought it about 3 months ago because I wanted an all stage formula with the new kitten. My 6 year old female gets that mixed with other dry and seems to eat it all. She is the fussy one. I noticed the kitten will eat that and leave the purina one kitten in the bowl so I assume he prefers the Felidae. So far no problems or complaints.

lilyluvscats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mine didn't like the Felidae wet either. They don't like a lot of the premium wets. I have tried them all. They prefer gravy ones especially the older one. The 8 month old kitten is a little less fussy and will eat just about anything.

mulenag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My house cats ate it with no issues (they will eat anything!), but my barn cats would not touch it. I fed it in the house for maybe 2 years, but have switched. The magnesium is too high and I ended up with two cats that got UTIs/crystals. Since I've stopped using Felidae we haven't had any issues.

mom_to_four

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats love felidae. They do good one it. Their coats look better. They both already have shiny coats but it makes them more shiny. They are also softer on it as well.

momto3cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've tried both dry and canned. My cats were less than thrilled, though they did eat it.

I also like to rotate brands - I don't want to put all my trust in any one company. I also like to have cats that are used to eating more than one thing, so if I have to switch it won't be too hard on them.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats eat Felidae dry and EVO wet. I'm pleased with the Felidae and they're not picky about it, but I've been thinking about switching the dry over to EVO as well, because it's grain free. I haven't decided yet.

lilyluvscats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That makes me nervous about the UTIs. What's a good dry that is UTI friendly?

mulenag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We've had good luck, so far, with Nutro Roasted Chicken.
I'm not a fan of the ingredients, but my one boy would not eat raw so I had to find something he could eat.
Sharky knows the numbers better, but I think you want to find something that has a magnesium level at .085 or less. ??? I'm not quite positive on that number, but that variety of Nutro is good.