Why I'm Glad It's Almost Spring!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad winter is almost over; it's been a rough time. Right after Christmas I came down with a virus and somehow ended up with a bacterial infection around my spinal cord that caused horrible back and leg pain. I could not sit or lie down because of the pain. I had to pace all day and night and could not rest. This is not a good thing when you are sick with a virus and need to sleep!

Once I was over that, I got a nasty spider bite by my eyebrow. For two weeks my forehead felt like it had a nail in it. SIX WEEKS later it is finally healing up, but has left a nasty scar.

About two weeks ago, my daughter caught a virus at school. Almost 1/2 of her class and both teachers were out sick. Of course, with my compromised immune system, I caught it too. I'm finally feeling better!

Are you also happy winter is almost over?

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've been wishing & hoping for spring to come!!
We love winter but it has went on too long...

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good thing I taught myself to knit as I have been really stire crazy lately.
As my business is seasonal I haven't had any new income since end of November so I am looking forward to working and enjoying the outdoors again!!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so tired of winter for so many reasons! I'm very germaphobic so I'll be thrilled when I no longer have to worry so much about what's going around. Plus, once it's warm I'll be able to get outside and get serious about training the horses so I can ride this summer!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be thrilled with spring, if only it would last. But around these parts, spring is nothing more than a single blissful week -- and then summer clamps down like a giant waffle iron and spends the next seven months trying to kill us.

But for you northerners, I'm vicariously happy!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm ecstatic that winter is almost over! I've got the spring fever for sure! In fact I have it so bad I took today off to do some deep cleaning! Guess that means I need to get off TCS.

You have had a rough time of it.
Glad you've made it through so far!

Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I would be thrilled with spring, if only it would last. But around these parts, spring is nothing more than a single blissful week -- and then summer clamps down like a giant waffle iron and spends the next seven months trying to kill us.

But for you northerners, I'm vicariously happy!
That's pretty much how it is in Utah too. But at least the winter is almost over and I'm glad for that! I really wish spring would linger a little longer though.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my yes!!! I swear this winter has just been dragging on.....and the cold and snow never ends!!!

COME ON SPRING!!!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Although I don't mind winter all that much I have found that this one seems to be lasting forever. Since we got snow almost a month earlier then normal that is most likely why..I am looking forward to spring just so I don't have to spend all that extra time just getting ready to go outside.

pjk5900

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am working on my 2nd dose of this cold my DH brought home from work!!!!!
This was more like the flu bug.
I had chills, sweats, sore throat, coughing so bad my stomach & ribs are still sore, among other things.
First he had it.
Then I had it.
Now he's having symptoms again,
and I woke up with a sore throat.

Am I ready for spring????????

Y E S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today it was in the upper 50's outside and felt really nice.
I am sick of snow, ice, and winter coats!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am more than ready. I want birds, green grass, no salt on the roads, a breeze outside, and flowers. Now. Right now. Today.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I am more than ready. I want birds, green grass, no salt on the roads, a breeze outside, and flowers. Now. Right now. Today.
lol hate to tell you this,
but, it was snowing on me, how i was coming to work

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

lol hate to tell you this,
but, it was snowing on me, how i was coming to work
It's okay Bruce. I've shut all the windows, so I can't see the snow. If I can't see it then it's not happening. Right? Please tell me I'm right....