Question of the Day - March 10th!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry so late! Monday mornings are kinda busy lately

Here's Rigel's Monday question!

- Do you like to use the Technology? Cell phones, microwaves, dvd recorders etc, are you a person who can management this very well? or a dinosaur………

I'm about in the middle, I use a cell phone, a computer, I love my DVR, but I'm no technology wiz

mistressotdark

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am kinda a tech wiz..I have people at work asking me how to work their new cell phones..etc. I have a cell phone..and yes I do texting on it.
I have built my own computer....and know camera's pretty well...
so...
yep i'm a geek.

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I guess I'm somewhere in between. I have a cell phone, iPod, and DVD player. However, I don't have a Blackberry (and I'm not really into texting), TiVo/DVR, or any type of video game player.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
More comfortable than the average person, I think, but nowhere near geekdom. If there's not an IT person available at work -- or sometimes if I'm just more accessible -- I get the "why is it doing that to me?" wails. My cellphone is just for phone calls, and only on my terms, but I can't imagine not having it now. I don't have the spiffiest camera, because I don't want to be part of the throwaway society, but I've taken more pictures by a long shot since in the six years I've had digital than I did probably in my whole life before. And then there's my PDA, aka my brain; I'd probably bleed to death if you took that away.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Somewhere inbetween here
We are pretty much out of the technology loop...

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love my computers and my cell phone, and I'm pretty good at figuring out how to use them... put the most complicated cell phone in front of me and I can figure it out pretty quickly. John just recently got some new high tech phone, he uses it to go online. I haven't yet actually seen him use the phone part of it! I really don't like it much, to me a cell phone is just that... a phone... I'd much rather use my computer to go online!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I couldn't live without technology!!!! I would much preffer EVERYTHING to be automatic and/or techno! Someday when I have loads of money to waste I'm going to get one of those "smart ovens." You just tell it what you just put in it, and it does the rest!!!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mistressotdark

I am kinda a tech wiz..I have people at work asking me how to work their new cell phones..etc. I have a cell phone..and yes I do texting on it.
I have built my own computer....and know camera's pretty well...
so...
yep i'm a geek.
...Some kind of feelings same here!
The bad side of tech is, you need lot of money to be in front line of the constantly changes....
Ces´t la vie!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say I'm in the middle. I can use most things easy enough but I really don't own a lot of gadgets. I rarely use my cell phone, dvd, etc.

onyxx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Somewhere in the middle too. I have gadgets and I can use them but I never really get the full potential out of them, I reckon thats mainly because I never quite get round to reading the whole of the manual

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't have very many hi tech gadgets and aren't in a hurry to obtain more.
I would rather invest money into high quality garden tools/equipment and kitchen equipment.
Neil the big woodworker spends (wisely) on the equipment he wants and needs.

I would rather have knowledge in more basic living items than high tech stuff.

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good enough that the technologically inept can come to me for help, and poor enough that programming the time on my microwave eluded me for two months...

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We use them but not to the extent that some "depend" on them. My pet peeve is using the cell phone for everything BUT talking to a person; texting doesn't count. DH and I don't do any texting to anyone!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the middle I would say...I do love my cell phone and computer
And I do have to help friends out from time to time on certain gadgets!!

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tricky one! I love my laptop, digital camera, dvd player and modile phone but I was happy enough before. But I am no techno whizz and there are lots of basic things I can`t get to grips with on all of them

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

I love technology but I don't have to have the latest and best.
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

Tricky one! I love my laptop, digital camera, dvd player and modile phone but I was happy enough before. But I am no techno whizz and there are lots of basic things I can`t get to grips with on all of them
That just about sums it up. I love gadgets, though. Sometimes I get one, and hardly use it, e.g., my cell phone, or get one I use far more than I thought I would (PDA).