*****KatKwiz! - March 10 - 2,000 free points!*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
________________has been done in an effort to stabilize our blooming points economy.

It has been suggested how nice it would be if we had member interaction on each day's question. I think that is a fabulous idea and would make KatKwiz a better, more informative game!!

Rather than: me ask a question, someone answers, me give points, no further dialog.

For instance I called attention to a cat yesterday that was immediately answered. I awarded the points and made a comment about the cat obviously being photoshopped. No further dialog, dead thread.

Every question is chosen to have discussion value.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the blank would be "this". I think you are looking for this answer though.
"Please note that as of today, the interest rate on your points has been lowered. It's now a daily 0.3%, which should come to close to 10% a month. This has been done in an effort to stabilize our blooming points economy"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

the blank would be "this". I think you are looking for this answer though.
"Please note that as of today, the interest rate on your points has been lowered. It's now a daily 0.3%, which should come to close to 10% a month. This has been done in an effort to stabilize our blooming points economy"
Yes, the guidelines state that a blank can have many words. I thought I would call attention to this in case anybody was wondering why today's point payout is 2,000 and will remain at that level until further notice.

CONGRATULATIONS!

What do you think about this action? Will it work? When?

As was suggested, from now on when I award the points, I will include some discussion points based on the question. Hope it works.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Yes, the guidelines state that a blank can have many words. I thought I would call attention to this in case anybody was wondering why today's point payout is 2,000 and will remain at that level until further notice.

CONGRATULATIONS!

As was suggested, from now on when I award the points, I will include some discussion points based on the question. Hope it works.
I afraid to spend my points. I enjoyed buying gifts for others. I hope it works.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm confused.
Which action? The lowering of the interest rate or the awarding of 2000 points? I'll choose the 2000 points aspect.
I think it's too many points for payout. I think 1000 would work just as well and will extend the KatKwiz game. There are several other games going around that only pay out 100 or 200 points, and the participation is as strong, if not stronger than KatKwiz. Just my thoughts, of course!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by taterbug

There are several other games going around that only pay out 100 or 200 points, and the participation is as strong, if not stronger than KatKwiz. Just my thoughts, of course!
That is exactly why I am following the suggestion of not just letting the thread die as soon as the points are awarded. That was too one dimensional. Now the points can be awarded and the thread kept alive through interactive discussion based on the question for that day. This was suggested by one of our members and I think it is a great idea, so I am giving it a try. This is much more dimensional and will hopefully attract more participation.

The 2000 points was arrived upon as a result of comments given in a recent poll and carefully weighing the comments from both sides. Members have given KatKwiz a tremendous amount of points in a short period of time. I see this as a mandate to give more than a few points out a day. As always, I appreciate all input and KatKwiz will continue to evolve based on our Member's input.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That is exactly why I am following the suggestion of not just letting the thread die as soon as the points are awarded. That was too one dimenisonal. Now the points can be awarded and the thread kept alive through interactive discussion based on the question for that day. This was suggested by one of our members and I think it is a great idea, so I am giving it a try. This is much more dimensional and will hopefully attract more participation.

The 2000 points was arrived upon as a result of comments given in a recent poll and carefully weighing the comments from both sides. Members have given KatKwiz a tremendous amount of points in a short period of time. I see this as a mandate to give more than a few points out a day. As always, I appreciate all input and KatKwiz will continue to evolve based on our Member's input.
Cool!!