Who voted me midwife?

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So for the second time this year, I helped kittens be born at the shelter yesterday. I really don't mind. I actually love to help the Momma's. The first one was very restless & it was obvious she was going to give birth. This one wasn't as obvious. I went back by her get some dishes & decided just to peak in. Sure enough there was a little baby wiggleing around. In a matter of 2 hours she had all 5. They were comming so fast she couldn't keep up with cleaning them, so the 4th one that came out I had to help out of it's sack. The 5th one was breach & I had to help her get that one out. It's a good thing I watch so much animal planet, because some how I just knew how to help her.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hey well done you!
how wonderful to see the beginnings of life and that you probably saved at least two
. fingers crossed that mum and kitties find fantastic homes.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good job. Sometimes we just gotta step in and do what's necessary. I bet that momma cat was glad you were there!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Good job. Sometimes we just gotta step in and do what's necessary. I bet that momma cat was glad you were there!!
I think she was happy not to be totally alone. I was nervous when I walked back to check on her & saw those little baby back feet in the air. The baby was not only breach, but was already out of it's sack. I just knew I had to do something to get that baby out.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've had females who refused to stay in the birthing box until I sat beside them. One even had the dog sit by her.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, I just got bad news that one of the 5 kittens passed away. There is some concern about the rest of the litter. Please send lots of TCS vibes for the others to pull through.

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, those poor little things...RIP little kitten, and good vibes for the rest of them!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

So for the second time this year, I helped kittens be born at the shelter yesterday. I really don't mind. I actually love to help the Momma's. The first one was very restless & it was obvious she was going to give birth. This one wasn't as obvious. I went back by her get some dishes & decided just to peak in. Sure enough there was a little baby wiggleing around. In a matter of 2 hours she had all 5. They were comming so fast she couldn't keep up with cleaning them, so the 4th one that came out I had to help out of it's sack. The 5th one was breach & I had to help her get that one out. It's a good thing I watch so much animal planet, because some how I just knew how to help her.
In answer to your question, five little kittens voted you midwife! Good job!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to send an update. The other 4 little grey kittens are doing well. Keep those vibes comming.