Tidy Cat Breeze Litterbox System!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've got 2 to try out with my crew!

I got them free, got one set up for Bea & one for the 6 downstairs kitties. We'll see if anyone actually uses them.

I believe they cost $30ish. It's a special pellet litter. There is a "grate" on the bottom with a "piddle pad" on a tray underneath the grate for urine to go through. I'm assuming the litter won't absorb the urine.
That also means it does nothing for smell.

We shall see, I expect to not like it.

This is the system. You can see the tray that holds the piddle pad, the "rim" on the top, the white part, does come off. And the scoop clips right on there.

For an idea of size, here's Uncle Dorian in it. He's about 8-9 lbs, an "average" size cat. Big old Squishy at 14 lbs doesn't fit in there so well, but most mine are smaller so should be able to use it with ease if they wish to.

Will let you guys know if anyone uses it! Anyone else see these or tried them?

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never seen one, but they look nice!! It would be a good way to get urine samples for vet visits, maybe.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the design and it might work for my cats. Peaches is 9 lbs and Maxx is 7. Although Peaches does like to have her space.
I may try one for an extra litter pan. How much did you pay for it?.

Oh crap... I just saw you said it was around $30. Sorry for asking a redundant question!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

If I tried to use one of those, more than half that litter would be on the floor in front of the box with the very first use!

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

If I tried to use one of those, more than half that litter would be on the floor in front of the box with the very first use!

My cats require all sides be covered unless I like stepping on litter.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh! I just looked at the webpage for this new litter pan and I like the concept! I didn't realize at first, It has a pan below to catch the urine and the pan itself uses pellets! I've got to see if I can find one of these. Where did you get yours? They also have a video on it. http://Tidy Cats BreezeTidy Cats Breeze

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I believe they cost $30ish. It's a special pellet litter. There is a "grate" on the bottom with a "piddle pad" on a tray underneath the grate for urine to go through. I'm assuming the litter won't absorb the urine.
That also means it does nothing for smell.
i'm confused about the fact the urine goes through to the bottom. i don't quite get how the litter wouldn't soak it up

never seen one before either. good luck though!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tab

i'm confused about the fact the urine goes through to the bottom. i don't quite get how the litter wouldn't soak it up

never seen one before either. good luck though!
I read about it on the site. Because the pellets you use in it don't absorb liquid. So the urine just passes through to the bottom catch pan. (which has an absorbant liner in it.)

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't understand why you would want it to do that unless you needed a sample for a vet visit or something

Riley would never fit in it anyways. He has a Jumbo box and barely fits in it, because he is so long.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

I don't understand why you would want it to do that unless you needed a sample for a vet visit or something

Riley would never fit in it anyways. He has a Jumbo box and barely fits in it, because he is so long.
Because it traps odor. Urine + Poop = more smell then keeping it seperate!
Plus it just keeps the urine/ammonia smell out of the box.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

Because it traps odor. Urine + Poop = more smell then keeping it seperate!
Plus it just keeps the urine/ammonia smell out of the box.
So you would still scoop the poop from the box, then change the pad underneath for urine once or twice a day?

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

So you would still scoop the poop from the box, then change the pad underneath for urine once or twice a day?
You would still scoop the poop daily. But the pee pad is only supposed to have to be changed about once a month (I think that is what I remembered it saying.) It's dontained, so doesn't smell and is made to absorb odor.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seems like pretty much the same concept as Feline Pine pellets except that rather than the pellets absorbing urine and disintegrating into sawdust the urine is absorbed by a pad. With the FP you have to shake the box to get the sawdust down to the lower level. If the Breeze pads don't get too icky and neutralize odor well, it guess it would work as well as the FP. I wonder how the 2 compare cost wise...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hate the FP pellets because I could never get all the sawdust outta the box.

So, PJ peed in it. The pellets do not absorb liquid, so it went down into the pad. (There are 4 pads in a package, costing $1. The pads are changed once a week.) So far, only the one cat has used it.

This is supposedly a "revolutionary system".
Not sure how it is, but whatever!
I don't know that I'd actually go out & buy one, I want to know how it works if someone poops.

My guys are super diggers normally, esp. PJ. He didn't really dig in here, wonder if it's the pellets?

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

So, PJ peed in it. The pellets do not absorb liquid, so it went down into the pad. (There are 4 pads in a package, costing $1. The pads are changed once a week.) So far, only the one cat has used it.

This is supposedly a "revolutionary system".
Not sure how it is, but whatever!
I don't know that I'd actually go out & buy one, I want to know how it works if someone poops.

My guys are super diggers normally, esp. PJ. He didn't really dig in here, wonder if it's the pellets?
How did you get yours if you didn't buy it? I started looking around to see where I could buy one and can't find it anywhere!

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yeah, I wouldn't use the FP except with the sifting type boxes. With that type box getting the sawdust out is simple. The Breeze box must be pretty similar to a sifting box. That is, there must be holes in the bottom that urine passes through.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

How did you get yours if you didn't buy it? I started looking around to see where I could buy one and can't find it anywhere!
Mine were "free", donated to the humane society. We have no use for them there, so I brought them home. If they work for Bea, I'll send them with her when she gets adopted. If not, I'll make a $70 donation for them.

I saw them in Hy Vee grocery stores, K-Mart....possibly Wal Mart but I don't remember for sure.

Originally Posted by mschauer

Yeah, I wouldn't use the FP except with the sifting type boxes. With that type box getting the sawdust out is simple. The Breeze box must be pretty similar to a sifting box. That is, there must be holes in the bottom that urine passes through.
This one has a grate small enough that the pellets can't pass through. They do not disintegrate or turn into dust when peed on, so it is simply the urine that passes through.

I'd use FP with the sifting boxes, but I would need 12 LBs & they're pretty $$$.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Mine were "free", donated to the humane society. We have no use for them there, so I brought them home. If they work for Bea, I'll send them with her when she gets adopted. If not, I'll make a $70 donation for them.

I saw them in Hy Vee grocery stores, K-Mart....possibly Wal Mart but I don't remember for sure.
Good to know. Thanks. They probably just aren't up on all the stores websites yet because they are so new. They just came out this month.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd use FP with the sifting boxes, but I would need 12 LBs & they're pretty $$$.
They're less than what you said you think the Breeze box costs, $18.50 vs "$30ish". FP offers discounted shipping for quantity orders. Maybe you wouldn't buy the Breeze boxes either and are just using them cuz they were free???