Making A Bed

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a queen size water bed and making it up can be very hard for me. I can't find water bed sheets here anymore so I just buy king size regular sheets and tuck in the bottom all the way around and tuck in the top sheet at the foot. Then I put the king size duvet on top.

A few weeks ago my homecare cleaning girl was here and I had washed my sheets earlier that morning so that she could help me put them on.

I did one side of the bed and she did the other. It went really fast.

However that night and every other night since, I just can't get comfortable and the top sheet and duvet cover just don't feel right. The thing I noticed the most is that there is too much top sheet and duvet on one side of the bed than on the other and that she ddin't tuck in the bottom sheet deep enough under the bladder and it keeps pulling out. and the top sheet seems lopsided.

So I just washed my sheets this evening and remade the bed. I'm looking forward to getting into bed because I know it's made to my "standard".

Anyone else notice a huge difference in how your bed feels, if someone else makes your bed for you than when you make it up yourself?

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are bringing back bad memories.
Nana was very very picky on how her bed was made. When she couldn't do it anymore then I had to. Mom just started getting picky herself.
"It's not tight enough!" "Pull it straight!" "Let me get in and test it."
No I am not as picky as them but I do like it a certain way.

I just hope I don't end up like them.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I graduated from high school I worked as a maid at the local Holiday Inn before I started college. I made lots of beds that summer so I don't have any problems with fixing them.

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Make...a....bed? What is this foreign concept you speak of :p

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, half the time my bottom sheet comes untucked and I'm too lazy to fix it
So no, I guess I don't notice!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The blankets and top sheet have to be even on both sides. It doesn't matter if it's just me sleeping in the bed but if there's too much on one side or the other with DH sleeping in the bed too... he ends up hogging everything.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am the only one here who makes beds. I am not to picky about if I side hangs lower than another. But I do have one thing that will bug me and that is if I feel wrinkles in the sheets down by my feet. That will make me get up and remake a bed.

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Only time another makes the bed is when we stay in a hotel. And I hate how "tight" they make everything.
HA HA~ we do that just so you have to work to get into bed!!! Not really ,we just don't want any wrinkles.

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Only time another makes the bed is when we stay in a hotel. And I hate how "tight" they make everything.
The first thing I do in the bed is pull out all the sheets so they're not tight but just laying on top of the bed lmao. Too tight.

My boy attempts to make the bed. He likes the edges tucked in so he doesn't get cold by a draft. I like sheets and blankets just loosely laying on top of the bed so I could easier move around or bunch the blankets closer to my top half. He loses that battle lol.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With me I lay in the middle of my bed and just roll over to the left or right. Because it's a water bed and I leave the temperature constant regardless of the time of year I sometimes feel warm and I can't fall asleep when I'm feeling warm. So when I'm laying on my side I stick my legs out from under the covers, but the top of me is still covered. The problem with uneven sides is that when I try to stick my legs out from under the sheets, if one side is too long I have to kick at the sheets and it totally messes up the whole bed. And then when I turn to the other side, if it is the short changed side for the sheet, then when I stick my legs out from under I don't feel as comfy under the covers.

Anal I know!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm the only one who makes beds here. What bugs me is if the top sheets and blankets don't line up, or if it's not tucked in deep enough or too deep.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by okiron

That would be me, too, though I do like the way the bed is made the morning after the maid comes.

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You never know what people are going to ask on here!!

Originally Posted by okiron

Sooooo funny!!!

Well, sometimes I make our bed, normally if we are having company!
When I make the bed it has to be just right, which isn't always easy when the cats are attacking the sheets when I am putting them on and getting under them!! When DH makes the bed he isn't as neat as me, but it still feels the same to me at night. He likes it better when I make it though 'cause I make the sheets nice and snug. The only way the sheets and blankets might ever have more on one side then the other is because when DH rolls over he brings all the blankets with him!

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Anyone else notice a huge difference in how your bed feels, if someone else makes your bed for you than when you make it up yourself?
not me, i can't make my own LOL! due to my condition, am curious to know the difference now!