Wellness dry food

gidgetcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just opened a new bag of Wellness dry food, and found hard white specks sticking out of many of the pieces. I couldn't break the specks, so I zipped the bag back up and e-mailed Wellness. Has anyone else that feeds Wellness dry seen anything like this?

terryseal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hmm. Could be mold? Probably best to toss it. (And get a refund from Wellness, of course.)

In another weird Wellness occurrence... I bought a bag of the Kitten Health (green bag) and I later noticed it has on the label "Salmon, Salmon Meal & Deboned Turkey Recipe" printed on the bottom section. Thing is... there is no such version of Kitten Health and the ingredients on the back mention the usual Chicken. (There is a salmon version of Complete Health, but not Kitten Health.) Weird.

I hope the actual food in the bag is the Kitten Health (although, as long as it isn't dog food, I should be fine!)

-Terry

mrspawsitive

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have found these white pieces stickinging out of both the Salmon and weight management. I called Wellness and e-mailed Wellness and I have not heard back at all. I am very disappointed. My two dogs and my two cats eat both Wellness wet food and dry food. I have never had any problems before.

audiocat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I notice white specks in the canned Wellness and was thinking that it was ground up bone and/or cartilage. Is ground up bone part of the ingredients?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AudioCat

I notice white specks in the canned Wellness and was thinking that it was ground up bone and/or cartilage. Is ground up bone part of the ingredients?
NOT as labeled but all "meal s " have some kind of bone in the meal

sticks&stones

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrspawsitive

I have found these white pieces stickinging out of both the Salmon and weight management. I called Wellness and e-mailed Wellness and I have not heard back at all. I am very disappointed. My two dogs and my two cats eat both Wellness wet food and dry food. I have never had any problems before.
When did you call/email? Wellness customer service is closed on the weekends.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gidgetcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've not yet heard back from Wellness on the sample I sent in, but I recently purchased bags of Indoor Health with Feb 2009 dates, and they were fine. So far, the only date I've seen the problems with are Jan 2009.