Strange collections...

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok I was answering the clock thread and got to thinking.....I collect watches, even though I rarely ever wear them, I collect purses, even though I carry the same one until it wears out, and I collect coats/jackets, even though most of our year you really don't need one. Do any of you guys do that, or am I the only one?

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I collects jackets, one for each season...so far I have 8 stored away for this year. I also have a nasty habit for collecting hand or shoulder bags

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the stuff I collect is fairly normal, craft and art supplies - or anything that can be turned into/used for such. Music, once I have more space I intend to collect vinyl. Books - need more space for those too, and rocks.

DH collect old game systems and games.

Oh, I thought of something that is odd
Milk jug lids and other plastic lids. I wonder if anyone can guess why I save them!

hurdyburdy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I collect alot of things.. one weird (ish) one is Anne Rice's Interview with the Vampire -- I have at least 10 paperbacks of that book, some with different cover art work. I haven't picked up any more in a few years though.. I guess I finally figured I have enough

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like antique clocks. Most of the ones I have are ones that have been in my family. This is probably my favorite one.

Other things that I seem to keep buying are watches and Coach handbags (even though you can only use one at a time!)

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I collect cookbooks, but I barely cook. What's weirder is that I'm the third generation in my familly to do this!

The other stuff is normal, but with some of it, others probably wouldn't think so.

Tricia

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I collect some "strange" things... I collect dog collars and leashes (well, more like I 'accumulate' them) and I probably have 100 of em even though I only have two dogs!
I also collect 1980s toys, stuffed animals, small dog figurines, Living Dead Dolls, Little Apple Dolls, and lately arm warmers. Oh yeah, I also have been collecting vistors passes from Chicago Tribune because I go there so often!
I have like 10 of them with slightly different photos of Tribune Tower...

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

I like antique clocks. Most of the ones I have are ones that have been in my family. This is probably my favorite one.

It's beautiful! And so is Lola Elowelay Lola Lololololola. I've always loved her because she reminds me of my Pearl!

Taterbug, I'd sure love to see a picture of your insulator collection! I have tons... TONS... of glass insulators, but I don't think any of mine are from electric fences -- just telegraph, telephone, and power lines. Here are the only ones that aren't presently packed away in the garage:

That pale green opal one with the two holes is a reproduction of a style that's now very hard to find -- it was never made in that fabulous opalescent glass. But the giant carnival glass one is the real thing, from a hydroelectric dam in Washington state!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I collect purses and shoes. But I dont guess those are too odd!

I also collect anything Penguin related! I have loads of penguin stuff!

And I plan on starting to collect bar glasses from different places that we go to out of town. I have a few from Hard Rock I have a hurricane glass from Gatlinburg and a Martini glass from Orlando, and I have a shot glass from M.R. Ducks in Ocean City Maryland.

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i don't think i collect anything strange. i like to collect thing's like watch's, other jewellery, & i love to collect cd's & dvd's!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

It's beautiful! And so is Lola Elowelay Lola Lololololola. I've always loved her because she reminds me of my Pearl!

Taterbug, I'd sure love to see a picture of your insulator collection! I have tons... TONS... of glass insulators, but I don't think any of mine are from electric fences -- just telegraph, telephone, and power lines. Here are the only ones that aren't presently packed away in the garage:

That pale green opal one with the two holes is a reproduction of a style that's now very hard to find -- it was never made in that fabulous opalescent glass. But the giant carnival glass one is the real thing, from a hydroelectric dam in Washington state!
I love the peach colored one. That's really unique, I've never seen one like it before! The clock in the picture has been handed down for four generations to the eldest daughter. I believe it came with my great grandmother, when they immigrated from Hungary. I have no children, so I don't really know where to send it after me. Probably my cousin's daughter, who is the only girl offspring. It will have to be when I die, because I LOVE that clock!!!

Lola really does look like the picture of Pearl in your signature photo! Does Pearl have beautiful chartreuse green eyes too? (Lola's always look yellow in pictures, but they're a lovely green color in natural light!)

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You need to go to ebay.I was just there they have tons!!!All colors,sizes,shapes

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh Carol!! Those are awesome!! I also have mine packed away, except for these four. The one on the left is for an electric fence and I'm not sure about the other three. Power lines, I suppose, but I think they're awesome, especialy the little glass one.