strange liquid

smalex

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi All,

I had my baby girl Angel spayed on Thursday and she seemed to have been recovering well.

This morning I woke up to find that she vomited 3 times throughout the night around the house. All 3 piles were yellowish and more of a liquid rather than brought up food.

She had also pooped a very greenish watery mess in our bathroom.

Now there is a clear thick gunk coming from her behind and she has is all over her rear. She has gone into the litter box twice now and left nothing but a clear gunk. (It looks like a thick lubricant)

It is still all over her behind...even though she is trying to keep up with cleaning it, it keeps dripping out.

Can someone please help!! Has this happened to anyone else before? Any idea of what it may be?

Thanks a million from Angel

cabelle1863

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have never experienced this so I'm afraid I'd be no help in knowing what could be the cause. In your shoes I'd be calling the vet asap, and after discussing the issue with her I'd make an appointment if recommended.

Lots of vibes for Angel to get better very soon.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am really paranoid about the kittys because they not only can't tell me what's wrong but they try to hide that they feel bad. I probably would take her to the emergency vet clinic because I can't get a hold of my vet on Sunday, all the vets in this area are like that because of the emergency clinic. Spays are routine but they still are a form of major surgery and I would want to get her checked.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope you have got her to the vet by now even though it is the weekend. I am afraid this is something that shouldn't wait to be seen on Monday.

abstract

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by smalex

Hi All,

I had my baby girl Angel spayed on Thursday and she seemed to have been recovering well.

This morning I woke up to find that she vomited 3 times throughout the night around the house. All 3 piles were yellowish and more of a liquid rather than brought up food.

She had also pooped a very greenish watery mess in our bathroom.

Now there is a clear thick gunk coming from her behind and she has is all over her rear. She has gone into the litter box twice now and left nothing but a clear gunk. (It looks like a thick lubricant)

It is still all over her behind...even though she is trying to keep up with cleaning it, it keeps dripping out.

Can someone please help!! Has this happened to anyone else before? Any idea of what it may be?

Thanks a million from Angel
The yellowish color of the vomit is probably due to bile (that is, if cat stomachs work like ours).

I don't know about the rest of it, but it sounds like perhaps some kind of infection? Take her to the vet immediately though, I've never heard of this happening before.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A call in to the vet just to be cautious, is definately in order! The greenish liquid probably is bile. Any of those symptoms could be a reaction to anesthetic. Many to your kitty.