Which breed for me thread

logan1234567890

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
HI,my name is Logan, Recently mt cat chino died at the age of twenty. I'm forty now so he grew up with me I hand raised him since a one day old kitten. Its been awhile i decided he would want me to be happy and get another furry friend. HE was the most affectionate cat ever,24/7 Velcro stick to me cuddeler. ANy way I wanted to know wht kind of breed would be good for me.

not to much energy only about a thirty minute vigorous playing sesion(Well= the less the better,im willing to give him a thirty minute play time)
-----------------------
as affectionate as possible,like all ways wants snuggles and sleep under the covers kind of affectionate
-------------------------------------------
As long as it doesn't have long hair,Ill do no hair and short.
----------------
Thank you for any response.

Logan

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First can you use a different font for typing - yours is hard to read.

But to answer your questions, I'd go with American SH, British SH, Burmese, Scottish Fold, or Selkirk Rex. All of those are medium active cats, shorthair and fairly affectionate. Not sure how much of a lap cat they are other then the Burms are pretty good lap cats.

Maybe go to a cat show and look at the breeds - you might find some more that you are interested in. Better to look at the cats in person and talk to the breeders.

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Maybe go to a cat show and look at the breeds - you might find some more that you are interested in. Better to look at the cats in person and talk to the breeders.
I agree with GoldenKitty. Go to cat shows so you can see in person the different breeds and talk with breeders.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am fascinated by Selkirk Rex, they have curly hair and come in longhair and shorthair, both are low maintenance and overgrooming can be detrimental to the coat, so despite looking as if they take a lot of work, it's not something you have to worry too much about. Burmese are quite affectionate and make good companions too. I'm not so well up on the less active breeds of cat, but those are the ones that come to mind at the moment.

Sorry I also second the point that your post is really difficult to read because of the font, my eyes aren't quite what they used to be! Welcome to TCS