Don't forget.......

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

All I can say is....bless the person who came up with the Atomic Clock for us regular people!
& curses for the one who thought up DST in the first place!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never understood daylight savings time! Luckily I don't have to fiddle around with my clock.. well, had to yesterday when the power went out but that's a different story.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

I never understood daylight savings time! Luckily I don't have to fiddle around with my clock.. well, had to yesterday when the power went out but that's a different story.
oh, it's very simple - people wanted a longer day, so they took some from the day before...
sorta like cutting off a sheet at the bottom to add to the top to make it longer
stupid, huh?
made sense to someone, i guess!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

oh, it's very simple - people wanted a longer day, so they took some from the day before...
sorta like cutting off a sheet at the bottom to add to the top to make it longer
stupid, huh?
made sense to someone, i guess!
Yeah, simple but stupid!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bijou's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love spring daylight savings time! But then, I grew up on a ranch, so we really appreciated the extra hour of light. We got more hay cut and baled because of it.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bijou's Mom

I love spring daylight savings time! But then, I grew up on a ranch, so we really appreciated the extra hour of light. We got more hay cut and baled because of it.
but you could've just gotten up an hour earlier, & it would've been the same thing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bijou's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

but you could've just gotten up an hour earlier, & it would've been the same thing.
Not really. We were always up at daybreak. You can't do much if it's still dark out.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bijou's Mom

Not really. We were always up at daybreak. You can't do much if it's still dark out.
i guess my point was this: the sun rises & sets at the same times, regardless of what time we choose to call it. so you don't really get an extra hour of daylight - people just go to work an hour earlier in order to get off an hour earlier - but they try to fool their minds that it's really an hour later than the sun says...

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep. I already did mine at 11pm just so I wouldn't forget! The only thing I have to change is my answering machine. And in the morning check to make sure that my computer, VCR and TV switched.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We don't go on DST over here for a few more weeks, so I'm glad about this reminder.

I've gotten lazy, and gradually replaced the clocks in our house, and my watch, with radio-controlled ones, so I only have to worry about the phone and VCR.

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
now i feel a plonker! am from the UK, so the clock's don't actually go back until the end of the month LOL! i checked my calendar