Where did you put that lizard, Meowmy?

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Earlier this morning, we had a lizard in the family room. It probably came in through the garage. I let it out.
My husband just came upstairs and said that he thought there was another lizard and that Butzie was stalking it. I went downstairs and she was looking at some pillows one the floor. I found the lizard under one pillow and I quickly took it outside. You should have seen Butzie. She kept sniffing around, batting at the pillow and looking at me. I told her that catching a lizard in the house was like shooting a deer in your back yard. I did add that mice could be hunted in the house.
I swear it was the same lizard because of its size. Think there may be a short lifetime for that lizard.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you put it outside. Not sure that it will live if Butzie had a hold of it though.

Never let your cat eat lizards. Like rodents and birds, wild lizards do carry parasites.
(^this is to anyone reading that has lizard hunting cats)

cabelle1863

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That reminds me of about 6 years back when Midnight and Bailey caught a lizard in our kitchen. I'm still not quite sure how it got in our house. The poor thing's tail came off, I caught it with an empty butter tub (afterward I threw the tub away), and put the lizard outside. Midnight & Bailey kept walking around the kitchen island looking for the lizard for at least another 30 minutes or so.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At certain times of the year, we have a problem with little tiny lizards getting in the house. I've never seen the cats purposely kill or eat them, but I have seen them frolic them to death.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats hunt and kill lizards regularly. In Bosnia they used to bring them into the house. But unlike mice and birds, they don't eat them - I think they don't taste nice! They just leave them for me to clean up.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

My cats hunt and kill lizards regularly. In Bosnia they used to bring them into the house. But unlike mice and birds, they don't eat them - I think they don't taste nice! They just leave them for me to clean up.
Getting a dead lizard as gift must have been.... nice.

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
In FL King use to always bring all Sorts of Creatures into the House Alive... and let them loose!!
I guess it beats cleaning up a Dead Critter
Also Egypt ((RIP)) use to always Ketch, Kill and Bring Home Lizards. She would always leave them right at the outside of the Front Door so when we walked out... "SQUISH!"
hehe
You just gotta Love Cats!!!

bitsybetsy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh my, I don't live in an area where there are lizards and if I saw one I think I would make a bigger deal out of it than my kitty

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

My husband just came upstairs and said that he thought there was another lizard and that Butzie was stalking it. I went downstairs and she was looking at some pillows one the floor. I found the lizard under one pillow and I quickly took it outside.
Is your husband afraid of lizards?

pee-cleaner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Hannah used to be a BIGTIME lizard huntress. The worst was the time she ate one in the dining room. Unfortunately (as I LOVE lizards) the lizard was a female full of fertilized eggs, which were scattered all over the floor. It was sad and gross all at the same time.

Cally