Bryan! You Big Dummy!

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried to get my car out and made things worse. I was able to back the car out of my spot, managed to turn around in the driveway, backed into my spot, put the car in drive and got ready for the big moment. Drum roll, please. I straightened the wheel, hit the gas and went.....diagonally. I'm stuck even worse than I was before.

One of the other guys living here managed to shovel a bit earlier in the day to try and get his car out but he had no luck either. I placed a call to the landlord for help. hopefully he'll be up here with his crew tomorrow.

The next thing I said to myself after the string of multiple lettered expletives was my take on good ole Fred Sanford (Redd Foxx), "Bryan! You big dummy! Look what you did!"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It hit 40F today so the long thaw from this storm got off to a nice start. I called AAA to have a tow truck sent to pull my car out. I'm still waiting to hear from the towing company but I imagine they are pretty busy.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so screwed. The guy finally came by with the truck but couldn't get down the driveway because of the snow packed along the sides. He told me to call it again tomorrow or Tuesday after some more of the snow melts off. I can't believe I got myself stuck like this.

<------Not happy!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was out last night at 10:30 shoveling my driveway so I could get to work at 6 a.m.
fun fun fun!

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I was out last night at 10:30 shoveling my driveway so I could get to work at 6 a.m.
fun fun fun!
At least you can get out of the driveway.

Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Bryan, can't you just start shoveling? I had to shovel mine out and we got a crapload of snow too
I have a bad back, shoveling snow is a no-no.

It's also not as simple as shoveling my way out. Saturday night I was able to turn around just fine in the driveway but when I went to go forward out of my spot there was so much snow packed that the car steered to the left. The left side of the driveway has been crumbling away for years and there is a bit of concrete ledge. My back left tire is on that ledge, my front left tire dug a big rut in the dirt. The car is sitting at angle. If I try to move it by driving there's a good chance the whole back end will slide off the pavement and down into the small gully/ditch/thingy.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Ooh, yeah you don't want to be shoveling with a bad back
That stinks...snow is brutal!
I wish I didn't have a bad back, I could have made some money this weekend. When I was a kid I remember making over $100 in two days shoveling for the neighbors. That's not bad money when you're 14 or 15 years old.

Anyway, the car is out. I called a local garage when they opened at 8am. The driver got here pretty quick and we were finished in about five minutes. No damage at all, which makes me happy.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bryan, next time, put a bunch of El-Cheapo clay cat litter on the drivepath that you want the tires to follow. The tires will try to stay on that track - works great on ice, too! I had to learn that trick the hard way in the Sierra; the snowplow operators told that I could use Clorox bleach, too, but I would never endanger some poor dog out looking for a place to potty...
you have my sympathy about the bad back - I've got 3 bulging discs in my neck & 3 in my midback, from a car accident.Yesterday, I was frustrated about splitting wood with the woodsplitter and loading it up in the truck (the day was warm, the woodbox at the house in town empty, and the nights are cold here) so I foolishly did that, took some ibu & a hot shower before bed - and have been having neck pain & kidney irritation from the ibu since about 2 am!
Which is why I'm on TCS instead of doing my work.....neck/back pain is so, so, so frustrating.........

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

I wish I didn't have a bad back, I could have made some money this weekend. When I was a kid I remember making over $100 in two days shoveling for the neighbors. That's not bad money when you're 14 or 15 years old.

:
Yea you and me both.

glad you got the car out.