people...

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night about 5:30 am I had a group of RNs come into the gas station to get their morning coffee and cigarettes. All of them were really nice except for one...who right before she left she made the comment "Maybe one day you will decide to do something useful with your life"

If I didnt like my job I would have had a few choice words with her...I dont understand the purpose of her comment yes shes an RN I know she worked hard to get there. I watched my mom get hers with 2 jobs one full time one part time and two young children. My mom is not like that shes very down to earth and rarely tells anyone that she is an RN even when she has been talked down to by some of the Drs when she goes or when she takes my brother or me. People simply amaze me!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Karma can get you - maybe one day she will be out of a job as an RN and have to work at a place where you do.

Be thankful you have a job - many people don't!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She said that to you?! How and why? That is just simply ridiculous!

Ugh! Sometimes the concept of customer service sucks! She can say whatever she wants but you can't respond back (err...without consequences)

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is a pretty rude comment to tell someone they don't know.

I would have said "Excuse me"!! (and lots of unprintable stuff under my breath).

This person doesn't know anything about your life and shouldn't be making generalizations.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's really sad that they said something without knowing you and your background.

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it was't for people like you,where would she get her coffee? I would have said something. Even if it got me fired!Thank you for working somewhere I can get a pepsi,when I need it!
Where in VA do you live?

sammiesmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She might have passed the needed classes for obtaining her RN, but she obviously failed those where compassion, ethics and humanitarianism were taught.

That was rude, condescending, judgmental and totally uncalled for.

We all have a calling, we all have a place to belong and to be comfortable. She needs to live and let live.

OK, that was the good SammiesMom.

The bad one says

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SammiesMom

She might have passed the needed classes for obtaining her RN, but she obviously failed those where compassion, ethics and humanitarianism were taught.

That was rude, condescending, judgmental and totally uncalled for.

We all have a calling, we all have a place to belong and to be comfortable. She needs to live and let live.

OK, that was the good SammiesMom.

The bad one says
My feelings exactly, on all counts!

Congratulations, Brandi, for being brave enough to do a job that would scare most women silly, and civil enough not to actually smack that woman upside the haid!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
There are all sorts of jobs needed for society to work. I thank you for being there in the mornings when I need gas so I can get to work and for those working holidays because I forgot to get gas before driving to my in-laws.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sheesh, for all she knows, you could be working there to help support the research you're doing into the cure for cancer!

What sort of person would make such a mean comment, about someone's JOB. Whether you're working there because it's something you enjoy doing, because the hours suit other things you're doing, or just because it puts food on the table, doesn't make it less worthwhile than other jobs.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like she's just a nasty lady who likes to make other people feel bad. I wonder if anyone's ever made the comment to her that she's just a nurse and not a doctor. Ha, that would get her.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have gotten comments like that before too. I work in a store like Wal Mart (Zellers) and people always say things and I get looks a lot like I should be doing something better. I am working there to save money to go to college.

I used to get the worst people when I worked at Subway. I always said "If we don't work here, who is going to make your food?"