Chain PMs (I've been kissed, share the love, bunting, etc.)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Chain PMâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s are fun for all members and make everyone on TCS feel included. We have the best members on the internet that always go out of their way to make all of our members, both old and new feel welcome. We want to thank you for reaching out to your fellow members. You truly make this place what it is and keep our members coming back.

Having said that, it would be best in the future if you can coordinate these type of PMs a bit more. There are at least three going around right now. One is great once in a while, but having so many going on really diminishes how special this is. Our members that donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t have a very large PM box can also get frustrated when they log in to find their box is completely full with these PMs, when some are here looking for help with their cat and really need to be able to interact with our members. This gets to become a case of too much of a good thing.

There are quite a few oversized signatures on the board right now due to the text being adding from these PMs. On these particular signatures, the extra text will be removed after March 17th.

Donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t forget that you can always reach out to other members by giving gifts through VbPlaza or just by sending them a short PM to welcome a member, offer advice or just to say hello.

Thanks for your understanding,
The TCS Moderating Team

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww pickles. I actually removed Charlies picture so i could have that text in, because i didn't want to go through the whole process of resizing etc. Does this mean my text will still be removed even though i'm not oversized?

I feel special getting these little pms

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Chain PMâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s are fun for all members and make everyone on TCS feel included. We have the best members on the internet that always go out of their way to make all of our members, both old and new feel welcome. We want to thank you for reaching out to your fellow members. You truly make this place what it is and keep our members coming back.

Having said that, it would be best in the future if you can coordinate these type of PMs a bit more. There are at least three going around right now. One is great once in a while, but having so many going on really diminishes how special this is. Our members that donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t have a very large PM box can also get frustrated when they log in to find their box is completely full with these PMs, when some are here looking for help with their cat and really need to be able to interact with our members. This gets to become a case of too much of a good thing.

There are quite a few oversized signatures on the board right now due to the text being adding from these PMs. On these particular signatures, the extra text will be removed after March 17th.

Donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t forget that you can always reach out to other members by giving gifts through VbPlaza or just by sending them a short PM to welcome a member, offer advice or just to say hello.

The TCS Moderating Team
I agree. It takes time to update the siggies and change the size of your picture.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The other two just came around in the last couple of days. I hate spam (mail for the sake of mail), whether it's in my home mailbox, my email inbox, or my website inboxes - I was wondering if this was all going to get a bit out of hand!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I do think these are great ways to bring the community together and I'd like to personally thank each and every one of you who took the time to initiate these efforts and/or to take part in them. All we ask for is some coordination so that we can keep those special and not too intrusive at any one point in time

Sarah, I think there's a way to switch off getting PM's either from everyone or from people not on your buddy list. Personally, I don't consider these PM's spam, as they do come from the heart and aren't your typical anonymous spam mail, but I can see how some people may see them as too intrusive.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anne

Sarah, I think there's a way to switch off getting PM's either from everyone or from people not on your buddy list. Personally, I don't consider these PM's spam, as they do come from the heart and aren't your typical anonymous spam mail, but I can see how some people may see them as too intrusive.
Don't get me wrong - I take them in the spirit that they were sent, and appreciate that people are thinking of me. Saying I hate them was a bit strong, more just that I don't get into chain PMs like other members do.
Because I've been posting a lot lately, and about surgery, being sick etc, I've had a lot of wonderful people be incredibly kind and send gifts and messages which I love, and I've also gotten each one of these chain mails numerous times in the last few days.

I just don't like that people who haven't been posting as much get left out and feel unincluded, and all of a sudden a fun game is causing people grief in what I consider a very inclusive community. But that's just me (someone who always got chosen last for things at school and hated it...
)

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Aww pickles. I actually removed Charlies picture so i could have that text in, because i didn't want to go through the whole process of resizing etc. Does this mean my text will still be removed even though i'm not oversized?

I feel special getting these little pms
No, you can have them just as long as it doesn't make your sig oversized.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
bumping this back up.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the concept but have to agree 3 in one week is alot. I couldn't had them because of the shamrock hunt. Sorry my addiction comes first. LoL
I am glad those are thoughtful enough to pass it around though. It's a nice feeling to see that first thing in the morning.

rescuecatsrule

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

The TCS Moderating Team
Has my signature gone oversized?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Yes. You have a full-sized signature at 150 pixels and are not allowed to have any text at all with it.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Don't get me wrong - I take them in the spirit that they were sent, and appreciate that people are thinking of me. Saying I hate them was a bit strong, more just that I don't get into chain PMs like other members do.
Because I've been posting a lot lately, and about surgery, being sick etc, I've had a lot of wonderful people be incredibly kind and send gifts and messages which I love, and I've also gotten each one of these chain mails numerous times in the last few days.

I just don't like that people who haven't been posting as much get left out and feel unincluded, and all of a sudden a fun game is causing people grief in what I consider a very inclusive community. But that's just me (someone who always got chosen last for things at school and hated it...
)
I have to say I agree with you Sarah. I do consider things like this "spam". I don't like getting stuff like this from my best friends and they now know it so don't forward all those type e-mails to me. I think it's wonderful to send a PM to a new person as a welcome and heck, even send a PM to someone you know well from here, but I'm personally not in favour of these types of things which probably puts me in a minority but so be it.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Another bump!

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I have to say I agree with you Sarah. I do consider things like this "spam". I don't like getting stuff like this from my best friends and they now know it so don't forward all those type e-mails to me. I think it's wonderful to send a PM to a new person as a welcome and heck, even send a PM to someone you know well from here, but I'm personally not in favour of these types of things which probably puts me in a minority but so be it.
I didn't even know about this until now. I cannot spend nearly as much time on TCS as I would like as it is, and ABSOLUTELY NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE THINKING OF SENDING ONE OF THESE TO ME, but please don't. My PM box remains close to being full already.