rear dirty

racn1320

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats rear is a little dirty,not sure if she just doesnt like to clean up after herself,i have to wiper her at times. any1 else have this problem?

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Racn1320

My cats rear is a little dirty,not sure if she just doesnt like to clean up after herself,i have to wiper her at times. any1 else have this problem?
Yes! My cat's end gets dirty because she is too fat to reach that area and clean herself. I wipe her down when I need to but otherwise my dog likes to pitch in and help when I'm not looking.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

racn1320

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tamgirl99

Yes! My cat's end gets dirty because she is too fat to reach that area and clean herself. I wipe her down when I need to but otherwise my dog likes to pitch in and help when I'm not looking.
Lol omg that is funny. How is the best way after its dried up?

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just wet down a paper towel or use baby wipes if I have them on hand. Then I just wipe her bottom over and over rotating the paper towel until it appears to be clean. My cat meows loudly the entire time I do it but I think she actually likes it.

laurag

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat Estelle is too fat to clean her rear so I use baby wipes every morning to keep her clean.

cmoc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Dillon couldnt clean himself when he got old. If it was dry and stuck on the fur around I would cut it off (sorry to be so graphic but we do anything for them) then because it would hurt to try and pull it off dry, wet it a lot and keep washing until clean. I also used to cut the fur off around that area so that the problem was easier.

bitsybetsy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A wet paper towel works great! I do not have to do it often but every once in a while she needs a little extra help.

cindersdad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well Cinder has the same types of issues sometimes. (Allthough the eukanuba seems to be helping much to her delight and ours LOL)
Any how Cinder has learned to tolerate bath days. I know there are some people out there that don't beleave in bathing cats or that they will even stand for it, but Cinder has gotten a lot better with it.

I have a special kitty shampoo that won't dry out her skin and the warm water softens it up very nicely. Then after the bath and the towling off she gets a nice sun spot to get her fur back in order. after that she gets a good brushing and a snack for being such a good girl and she is back to purring except with a clean bottom. I do know that you have to keep that area nice and clean because just like babys it can cause health issues if it's not taken care of.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can keep the area trimmed around the butt or have a vet or groomer shave around the butt. That helps a lot to keep the area clean!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

racn1320

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat would kill me if i tried to give her a bath lol.

ftmillmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have to clean Sara's butt after BMs, she can't reach. She loves me cleaning it. This is also the only time she enjoys my pup around. Now, when he goes up to her she immediately turns around to give him the back end.

ladysoul1710tig

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Carmello had a dirty bottom too (check Poopy bottom kitty in the grooming section) .
I got a lot of advice here. One person said that she puts her cat in the shower with her and washer her bum. A few others said baby wipes are the key. We actually used clippers to keep his fur shaved down
. We have not had this issue in just 2 weeks now
My guy says adding less litter is the answer. I give him less wet food too. Also Carmello understands when we tell him his bum is dirty
and if we tell him he will go and clean it
. Amazing I know, but it works for us.

Good luck!

Nicole