Why am I not getting 2% interest??

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alright, so I have a little over 20000 points, when I went to the bank to deposit the rest of my points I noticed it said that I will get the interest of 63 points in 6 hours.... Why am I only getting 63 points?? Thats not 2 percent!
It should be 417 points by my calculations! Whats up with this??? Did something change without my knowledge??? Does anyone know whats up with this???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nevermind, I just found the thread that says we're only getting .03% interest now. I think it stinks, because I didn't have any warning, and may not have done so much with the points I had, but I guess theres nothing I can do about it.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by glitch

Nevermind, I just found the thread that says we're only getting .03% interest now. I think it stinks, because I didn't have any warning, and may not have done so much with the points I had, but I guess theres nothing I can do about it.
KatKwiz is completely based on that 2% interest. I will be posting a post or poll soon to me what people want done with KatKwiz. It cannot go on as it has in the past paying out that 2% without going broke.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm really sorry this has upset some people. We feel that right now our economy is heading in the wrong direction. An inflation in points means devaluation of points, in the end, which is something no one wants to see, I'm sure.

Yes, KatKwiz and possibly some other operations as well may need to re-adjust their policies accordingly. It may also mean less points in prizes in the future (or rather going back to what we used to have in the past - fewer points as the prize but they will be more attractive to users).

The announcement has been made btw. I don't expect anyone to be reading the announcements forum first thing in the morning
Sorry if this has come in the way of any major plans. If anyone needs a couple of hundreds of points to compensate them for this just PM me and I'll donate gladly from my own stash

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anne

I'm really sorry this has upset some people. We feel that right now our economy is heading in the wrong direction. An inflation in points means devaluation of points, in the end, which is something no one wants to see, I'm sure.

Yes, KatKwiz and possibly some other operations as well may need to re-adjust their policies accordingly. It may also mean less points in prizes in the future (or rather going back to what we used to have in the past - fewer points as the prize but they will be more attractive to users).

The announcement has been made btw. I don't expect anyone to be reading the announcements forum first thing in the morning
Sorry if this has come in the way of any major plans. If anyone needs a couple of hundreds of points to compensate them for this just PM me and I'll donate gladly from my own stash
awww thats so sweet! You dont have to donate your points! I have quite a few right now! Ill get enough saved up to do all my customizations! Thats a really sweet thought though!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was wondering about this myself.
I've noticed that my bank account hasn't been accumilating much interest lately, either.
Which is kinda a bummer, b/c I like getting those extra points if I can, so I can buy more gifts..

And I was also planning on saving up points, so I can choose a cool username color/font.

Oh well - I guess rules are rules..

~KK~

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I've noticed that my bank account hasn't been accumilating much interest lately, either.
Which is kinda a bummer, b/c I like getting those extra points if I can, so I can buy more gifts..

And I was also planning on saving up points, so I can choose a cool username color/font.

~KK~
you should have enough to buy at least some of those.... they range in cost from about 1500-2500 each.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise

~KK~
Originally Posted by laureen227

you should have enough to buy at least some of those.... they range in cost from about 1500-2500 each.
You have more than enough to make the user name & title changes. Make sure you read the instructions here first: http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=127606

I think there's an old thread in the PL showing different fonts, too.

Just don't make the mistake I did of making too many changes at once - I had to get Ryan/Hydroaxe to fix my messes a couple of times.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

You have more than enough to make the user name & title changes. Make sure you read the instructions here first: http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=127606

I think there's an old thread in the PL showing different fonts, too.

Just don't make the mistake I did of making too many changes at once - I had to get Ryan/Hydroaxe to fix my messes a couple of times.
Well, I certainly do have enough points now, thanks to someone's generous donation!
I gotta find out who it was, so I can thank them properly!

As much as I'd love to change the color/font of my username now, I'm gonna wait till the computer's running again, b/c I'll probably mess it up for sure by trying to use my WebTV.
I have enough problems as it is, just doing simple things with it..

Thanks for the extra points - whoever you are!
You're a sweetheart!

~KK~

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

Well, I certainly do have enough points now, thanks to someone's generous donation!
I gotta find out who it was, so I can thank them properly!

~KK~
you should have gotten a PM showing who it was... unless that can be done anonymously.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

you should have gotten a PM showing who it was... unless that can be done anonymously.
I did receive a PM, but didn't discover it till after I posted the response. My pop-up thingy doesn't work with my WebTV for some reason..

BTW, donations can be sent anonymously, if the sender chooses to do so.
I'm not sure how it's done though, b/c I've never done it..

~KK~

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was wondering too! Bummer! I think I'll have to go back to 100pts for my horse contest!!! Yikes!!!

Oh well....