Nose bumping!

ddcarlson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Parker my 6 month old male kitten bumps his nose with me a lot. He does it before he sleeps or wants attention and I even do it back to him before he falls asleep when he is laying on me or when I pick him up to greet him and he bumps my nose back. I looked this up and people are saying that he is being aggressive and such but I do not see any of that. I feel like he is saying hello is this wrong please let me know what you think because all i get from it is love.

p.s. as im writing this parker is sleeping on the labtop

tako

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by ddcarlson

Parker my 6 month old male kitten bumps his nose with me a lot.:
p.s. as im writing this parker is sleeping on the labtop
We have a 6 years old cat, his name is Mickey and we love him a lot. He bumps his nose on me all the time. After six years of bumbing I can tell it is a sign of affection. Nothing wrong with that.

Tako

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. Nose touches are a sign of affection. I call them nose kisses!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Yes. Nose touches are a sign of affection. I call them nose kisses!
I call them kitty kisses. When I say that, Butzie knows to either put her head down so I can give her a kiss on her head or for her to sniff me and give me a little lick on my nose.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, he is showing his love for you! Head butts are intimate greetings exchanged between family in the kitty world.................. Some kitties are more expressive then others, and your boy is one of them
. Is he neutered yet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ddcarlson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
oh yes parker is neutered thanks for all the sweet comments thats what i thought!

tutti_bella

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mine wouldn't do that early in the morning. Only after I brush my teeth! Hahah ...