help with my new stray!!!!!!!

vegasrob

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
we took in sophia, she is getting better, but still is shaking, threw up last night. She is using the box, both urinating and pooping, just still concerned,she was shaved down, could she be shaking because of this? Could the vomit be because of the vacinations and all the trauma? and she keeps gulping like she has to vomit every so often any help would be appreciated, we just want our new kitty to get better and be part of the family
Also, she is putting her chest in the bowl getting it wet, could it be she is upset she is confined? she tries to get out everytime we open the door from the room,we have another cat and we are trying to keep them seperate still, so they can get used to eachother.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm no expert, but if she's been ill and has been to the vet, she may well not be feeling too good. Keep a careful eye on her. Worm medicine, which your vet may have given her if she had been an outside cat, tends to make some cats vomit.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by vegasrob

we took in sophia, she is getting better, but still is shaking, threw up last night. She is using the box, both urinating and pooping, just still concerned,she was shaved down, could she be shaking because of this? Could the vomit be because of the vacinations and all the trauma? and she keeps gulping like she has to vomit every so often any help would be appreciated, we just want our new kitty to get better and be part of the family
Also, she is putting her chest in the bowl getting it wet, could it be she is upset she is confined? she tries to get out everytime we open the door from the room,we have another cat and we are trying to keep them seperate still, so they can get used to eachother.
Your post is alarming to me in part because I do not understand what you mean by "shaved down". When you say you took her in, took her in from where? I can certainly understand that you are upset, but if you can give us some more information it would be helpful in us giving you more help.
I am just sorry that I do not understand more about your unique situation.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vegasrob

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Your post is alarming to me in part because I do not understand what you mean by "shaved down". When you say you took her in, took her in from where? I can certainly understand that you are upset, but if you can give us some more information it would be helpful in us giving you more help.
I am just sorry that I do not understand more about your unique situation.
We took her in from our backyard, she had been at our door for a few days. The groomer shaved off all her fur since the matts were too bad. She looks like a lion right now. Even right now, its almost 11 am and its warm and she still shakes. She had all her shots, and an IV last wednesday. And now we are letting her roam the house, which she seems better from, but we are still concerned with the shaking. The vet suggested a panel of blood tests to rule out any diseases, I was just wondering if anyone had this situation and what the shaking(which is minor) kinda like shivering, is attibuted to, thanks for the help.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Does she shake when she's excited, or when she's trying to walk? Does it look like she may not be in complete control of her limbs? There is a common cat birth defect that can cause the latter.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds to me like she is cold. Do you have blankets for her to lay down on, please?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you can afford it, I would definitely get the blood panel done. Even if it's just from cold and not a disease or neurological condition, it's really helpful when there IS a problem to have that "baseline" information on file.

Do you know if she shook when she was outside? We have a cat that was born from a sick mother, so her brain is scarred, and as a result she's handicapped. There are different degrees of the effect of this - our kitty shakes when she's excited or interested in something.

But getting the water on her chest - that sounds strange. It's not happening when she's confined to a crate, right?

As to the vomiting - some kitties do not react well to the vaccinations, but the vomiting would be around the time of the vaccination, not later. I'm also worried that ALL of this could be a reaction to the vaccination, and it isn't normal.

Sounds to me like she needs a trip back to the vet. vibes that all is OK or going to be OK!

Laurie