What's the deal with Pizza Hut?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just placed an order online with pizza hut's website and not until after i checked out did they give me my estimated delivery time- as 80 minutes
What's up with that? I would totally understand a little amount of time- since it's snowing outside- but the streets aren't iced over and it's really not bad at all. But that long is kind of crazy for such a long amount of time
Especially since it's literally up the street from me
I called the local number to double check the delivery time and they said that was about right. So i guess if i want to eat anytime soon, pizza hut wasn't a good idea. I suppose other people thought staying in tonight and ordering pizza would be good too...maybe they're just busy. Still though, i'm not thrilled about having to wait that long for Pizza hut. I probably will order from somewhere else next time- all of the other chains are much more quick. Anyone else have crazy long delivery times from Pizza Hut before?

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The longest I've ever had is an hour. I guess that's pretty long when you're hungry.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The one in town here recently changed managers? or owners again. Though they likely kept the same workers or just hired other locals, they claimed they weren't doing deliveries because they didn't know the area.

The quality of the food went down anyways, so it's not even worth the bother.

Unsettling fact. A couple managers ago there was one arrested for having cameras in the women's restroom! Apprently that had been going on for years... and he even had videos with children.
Selling them online. Sick, very sick. Luckily, I think I can say I never used the restroom there.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you may be correct about everyone wanted to stay home and order a pizza. We get Round Table delivery sometimes and it is never more than a half hour.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't get delivery because nobody delivers this far but when I used to live in the city I would get delivery from a place that guarantees it in 30 minutes or its free.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We usually have about 30-40 minute wait when I order from Pizza Hut if we want it delievered. Its about 2 miles up the road from us so if we're really hungry, we'll just go pick it up instead.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

We usually have about 30-40 minute wait when I order from Pizza Hut if we want it delievered. Its about 2 miles up the road from us so if we're really hungry, we'll just go pick it up instead.

How is the weather by you Nikki?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! Ok nevermind my origional post! They were totally off on the estimate time!
( i had been wondering about the quoted sime seeing that they're literally just down the street from me) The guy just got here and delivered mine! (he said that the internet site is generally pretty off when it comes to delivery time as is the call center sometimes.)

I just gave him one heck of a tip for getting it here so fast too! I told him i really appreciated it and to stay warm out in the snow! Ya! I'm totally happy now! I have snow and pizza
Woohoo!!!!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Wow! Ok nevermind my origional post! They were totally off on the estimate time!
( i had been wondering about the quoted sime seeing that they're literally just down the street from me) The guy just got here and delivered mine! (he said that the internet site is generally pretty off when it comes to delivery time as is the call center sometimes.)

I just gave him one heck of a tip for getting it here so fast too! I told him i really appreciated it and to stay warm out in the snow! Ya! I'm totally happy now! I have snow and pizza
Woohoo!!!!!
Thats good that they got there quickly! Enjoy!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ordered Pizza last week from a local place. Usually delivery is about 45 minutes to 1 hour. That day it was nearly 2 hours and there wasn't any storm!! They were just extremely busy. At least the food was still hot when it arrived so I know they handn't been driving around with it so it got soggy.

pjk5900

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My son delivers for a big pizza place.
Sometimes they tell people longer times to discourage the business cause they are so busy.
He just left for work and I imagine that will happen tonight too cause we are expecting 6 inches of snow tonight.
Everybody has the same idea, they don't wanna get out to get food.

I just made a big pot of chili, so we will be good for a while.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
An hour is standard delivery time for me (in general not just PH). But I'm glad yours got there fast and hot!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ordered tonight and they told me an hour but it was here in about 20-30 minutes. They messed up as usual but oh well.... I guess I will never get my garlic sauce they owe me. I did get the one I paid for tonight though. I am going to give up on it.

I never ordered over the internet though

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember from restaurant history a long time ago, the worse the weather the busier the restaurant. OMG carry out orders would be stacked on top of the number of people waiting.

Funny though when it is bad weather...I want some delivery guy to bring it to me

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I worked at Pizza Hut in the past, and honestly, if you ever want to complain, call the corporate offices. They are the ones that say how many people should be working for how much money they average a week. When I worked there, we were allowed 1 cook, 1 dishwasher, 1 delivery driver, and 1 waitress/closing manager (me). There were nights when the diningroom was completely full, I was waiting on them all, orders stacked up, and deliveries were given first priority. The eat in customers orders sometimes took over an hour, but we tried to get the deliveries out as soon a possible. On weekend nights, they did allow more people to be scheduled but it was still a headache.

We also never gave a guarantee of a time delivery like some places do. I think it is Domino's that guarantee 30 minutes or less. That is because most of their delievery areas are very limited. As in, they can go to the end of this street...if you want them to deliver you have to meet then at the end of the street, even if you just live around the corner.

But, I'm glad you got dinner so quick! Hope you enjoyed it!

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The pizza hut in my town takes forever to make delivery's too. I worked at a pizza place (not a pizza hut) when I was a teen, and we never took that long. Our orders were always there in 30 minutes or less, even in bad weather. Pizza hut's problem is they never have enough drivers on duty. The pizza hut in town would have like two drivers on duty and at the same time the place I worked for would have like 6.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
depends when you order. on friday & saturday nights, i have had waits of over a hour from just about all the chains near work