Stumpy is the best cat ever!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Humor me with my brag about my Stumpy. He has always been an awesome cat and he keeps getting better with age!

Stumpy's been on various medicines for about 2 years now. He's got an autoimmune disease where he is pilled every other day and once a month he's put on antibiotics for a week. He doesn't like the antibiotic pills (we crushed them up in his food) so I gave up and decided to put him back on the liquid version.

In the last week, Stumpy has decided that if I squirt the medicine in a bowl, he will lap it up, with or without food being there. I can't tell whether he likes the taste of the medicine, or realizes that the alternative is to squirt it in his mouth directly, which he hates.

Either way, what more can you ask from a cat than for him to lick up medicine out of a bowl?

Stumpy rules, plain and simple.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Sometimes they surprise you.
Carly really likes Pill Pockets so I don't need to pill her. One day the Pill Pocket fell apart while she was eating it and the pill fell out. She promptly ate the pill without any coaxing.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Humor me with my brag about my Stumpy. He has always been an awesome cat and he keeps getting better with age!

Stumpy's been on various medicines for about 2 years now. He's got an autoimmune disease where he is pilled every other day and once a month he's put on antibiotics for a week. He doesn't like the antibiotic pills (we crushed them up in his food) so I gave up and decided to put him back on the liquid version.

In the last week, Stumpy has decided that if I squirt the medicine in a bowl, he will lap it up, with or without food being there. I can't tell whether he likes the taste of the medicine, or realizes that the alternative is to squirt it in his mouth directly, which he hates.

Either way, what more can you ask from a cat than for him to lick up medicine out of a bowl?

Stumpy rules, plain and simple.
Ahhhh now you've done it! Alley was sitting on my lap and she looked up and saw the title of your post and now she has went away mad!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Ahhhh now you've done it! Alley was sitting on my lap and she looked up and saw the title of your post and now she has went away mad!
Ruh roh!

Perhaps I should have said "Stumpy is my best cat ever!!

Sorry Alley!!