*****KatKwiz! - March 7 - 3,616 Free Points!*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is my beloved boy, Persi. This is the way he always sits around the house! According to the CFA, his breed is ______________. The CFA recognizes _____(number)_______ different color points for this cat.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is my beloved boy, Persi. This is the way he always sits around the house! According to the CFA, his breed is Himalayan. The CFA recognizes 15 different color points for this cat.

tutti_bella

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hmmm...

This is my beloved boy, Persi. This is the way he always sits around the house! According to the CFA, his breed is Persian - Himalayan . The CFA recognizes 10 different color points for this cat.

P/s:-

Himalayan Point Pattern: Chocolate Point; Seal Point; Lilac Point; Blue Point; Flame (red) Point; Cream Point; Tortie Point; Blue-Cream Point; Chocolate-Tortie Point; Lilac-Cream Point.

(I think Persi is Point Pattern?)

Himalayan Lynx Point: Seal Lynx Point; Blue Lynx Point; Flame (red) Lynx Point; Cream Lynx Point; Tortie Lynx Point; Blue-Cream Lynx Point; Chocolate Lynx Point; Lilac Lynx Point; Chocolate Tortie Lynx Point; Lilac-cream Lynx Point.

sammiesmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is my beloved boy, Persi. This is the way he always sits around the house! According to the CFA, his breed is Persian Himalayan. The CFA recognizes 19 different color points for this cat.

isabel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is my beloved boy, Persi. This is the way he always sits around the house! According to the CFA, his breed is Himalayan. The CFA recognizes 9 different color points for this cat

I think it is only march 7th today,

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

This is my beloved boy, Persi. This is the way he always sits around the house! According to the CFA, his breed is ______________. The CFA recognizes _____(number)_______ different color points for this cat.
I am going to butt in here. We did not have a winner yesterday which is rare. We have never had two days in a row with no winner. Remember, according to the guidelines, the answer provided by The Cat Site must be used. You cannot submit a second answer but you can pm me with where you got your answer on The Cat Site. I know that all of the questions now are googleproof, but this one is in black and white on The Cat Site.

purrrrfect

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is my beloved boy, Persi. This is the way he always sits around the house! According to the CFA, his breed is Sealpoint ragdoll. The CFA recognizes 8 different color points for this cat.

robertm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is my beloved boy, Persi. This is the way he always sits around the house! According to the CFA, his breed is Persian. The CFA recognizes 15 different color points for this cat.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RobertM

This is my beloved boy, Persi. This is the way he always sits around the house! According to the CFA, his breed is Persian. The CFA recognizes 15 different color points for this cat.
You got it! Way to go, Robert!

This one is confusing and Persi the Persian cat wanted to clear up the confusion.
First, click on Cat Breeds above. There you will find articles on both Persian and Himalayan cats. But I have Persi's CFA registration in front of me and it says he is a Persian cat of the Himalayan color. This can be deciphered by reading the articles. Under the Himalayan article it says:

The breed was accepted by CFA in 1957 as a breed standard, and in the 1980's it was merged with the Persian breed, listing them as a color variation of a Persian instead of a totally different breed.

So Persi is a Persian cat. The same article goes on to say:

As far as color- points, the CFA recognizes the following: chocolate, seal lilac, blue, red-tortie, cream, seal- lynx, blue- lynx, red- lynx, cream- lynx, tortie- lynx, blue-cream lynx, chocolate- lynx, lilac- lynx, chocolate-tortie- lynx and lilac-cream- lynx.

Counting these you will come up with 15.

The confusion is that The Cat Site has separate articles for both Persian and Himalayan under Cat Breeds but according to the CFA, the Himalayan is no longer a separate breed.

Leave it to Robert to decipher the correct answer!

dina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is my beloved boy, Persi. This is the way he always sits around the house! According to the CFA, his breed is Ragdoll. The CFA recognizes 6different color points for this cat.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a point of fact for CFA rulings:

Persi is a Persian of the Himalayan Division.

The Persian breed is the only breed that is divided into 7 color divisions. Each color division is further separated into the various color classes.

According to the CFA show standards, there are 15 color classes in the Himalayan division.

robertm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just to add to the confusion (or at least my confusion; honestly I know next to nothing about this subject, my correct answer notwithstanding):

At the CFA website, this page which concerns the Persian breed standard lists several more Himalayan Division Colors towards the bottom of the page that are not mentioned in the TCS page on Himalayans that P&A referenced. There are 21 colors at the CFA site but only 15 here.

I'm sure there's a logical reason for this, and for my own edification I'd appreciate it if someone would explain. I tried to compare the two lists but my head started spinning with all of the chocolate this and lynx that and so on and so forth!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Just to add to the confusion (or at least my confusion; honestly I know next to nothing about this subject, my correct answer notwithstanding):

At the CFA website, this page which concerns the Persian breed standard lists several more Himalayan Division Colors towards the bottom of the page that are not mentioned in the TCS page on Himalayans that P&A referenced. There are 21 colors at the CFA site but only 15 here.

I'm sure there's a logical reason for this, and for my own edification I'd appreciate it if someone would explain. I tried to compare the two lists but my head started spinning with all of the chocolate this and lynx that and so on and so forth!
Robert, I'll explain that one, since I'm the author of said article on Himmies here at TCS.....it's about three years old, and I'm sure that some other colors are now being recognised that were not standard colorpoints when I wrote it.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

Robert, I'll explain that one, since I'm the author of said article on Himmies here at TCS.....it's about three years old, and I'm sure that some other colors are now being recognised that were not standard colorpoints when I wrote it.
Let me see if I can explain it clearly for you....

Due to the fact that the Persian is THE most popular breed of cat in the world, CFA decided to group the various colors into divisions. They are:

1. Solid
2. Bi-Color/Calico
3. Tabby
4. Parti-colors (females only 99.9% of the time)
5. Smoke and Shaded
6. Silver and Golden
7. Himalayan

Within each division, the cats are further subdivided into the various color class and color combinations...eg. a Seal Point Himi would fall under Seal Point (0170/0171) BUT a seal lynx point (ie. stripes in the points) would fall under a different color class (3252/3253).

The different color classes are coded this way due to the fact that the numbers shown/registered for these colors are high enough to merit their own color codes.

When there are smaller numbers of cats registered/shown for a certain color or color/markings, they are lumped together - eg. OLP (Other lynx points). So although there is a color description (as seen on the CFA page you commented on) they are not separately recognised as a definitive color class.

An easier example can be seen in the Siberian Show standards...
http://www.cfainc.org/breeds/standards/siberian.html

Lots and lots of color descriptions but only one color class (3700/3701). This is because it's a new breed to CFA and the numbers have not proven themselves to be high enough to be subdivided into the different color classes.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Adilah, I was sure you would be along to clarify this. But, according to the info on The Cat Site, who would you have given the points to?

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The fact is that you referred to CFA...If you had referred to TCS only then the answer would've been different hmmm? My interpretation of your question would be go check CFA not TCS.

I would still have given points to Robert M.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

The fact is that you referred to CFA...If you had referred to TCS only then the answer would've been different hmmm? My interpretation of your question would be go check CFA not TCS.

I would still have given points to Robert M.
The rules state that the answer must reside on The Cat Site or a link provided by The Cat Site. I am glad that you agree Robert should have got the points. I have had to pass out double points before and with the new interest payments, KatKwiz cannot afford to do that!