White toilet paper

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've noticed that my cats will only attack white toilet paper.

Usually I buy Marine print and they don't touch it at all unless it's to climb around. But when I buy plain white they tear it all up

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't seen colored toilet paper in years... strange thing I just now realized. It's all white in stores here. When I was a kid I remember there was pink, blue, peach/light orange, and printed.

My boys won't touch it if it's put on the holder. If a roll of that or paper towel is somehow left down on the floor unattended for a few minutes Tomas will be all over it.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mine dont mess with tp rolls..

then seem to enjoy ripping paper towels apart
lol

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shark and Arwen will only play with tp if it is torn off in small pieces and rolled in to small balls for them first. Strange but funny!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I haven't seen colored toilet paper in years... strange thing I just now realized. It's all white in stores here. When I was a kid I remember there was pink, blue, peach/light orange, and printed.
Same here. They discontinued the prints and coloured paper because the dye in the paper was causing infections.

My cats don't attack toilet paper at random. Abby does love to rip it up if she can get her little paws on it though. So about once a month or so I give her a roll of toilet paper or paper towels and let her have at it.

Chynna isn't intersted in ripping it up, but she will lay on it after it's torn up

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

They discontinued the prints and coloured paper because the dye in the paper was causing infections.
Really? I thought people just finally realized how pointless and silly it was to have colored and printed toilet paper.

whitewillow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Abby does love to rip it up if she can get her little paws on it though. So about once a month or so I give her a roll of toilet paper or paper towels and let her have at it.
lol, I thought i was the only person that would do this, I bought a big roll of paper towels last Christmas and wrapped them up for my cat. We can't leave any toilet paper or anything lying around out in the open, other wise we will find a huge mess later.